Aftermath of Oklahoma City wildfire Feb. 12th 2017

This is a fly over after the Wildfire that burned 900 acres out by our house last weekend
Great video Sorry to see the damage from the fire. i know all too well how hard going through a fire can be. We were in the Anderson Creek fire last spring. Don't ever want to do that again. Wish I had a drone to capture that one. Still trying to figure out which DJI I am going to buy. Mostly going to use it on the ranch checking cattle and crops. Looking at the P4 and the P4 Pro. What DJI did you use for the video?

Nice video! If you're not familiar with course lock, take it out and really get good with that feature get used to it. You can assign one of the buttons on the controller -- C1 or C2 -- to enable or set course lock. It is an absolutely fantastic feature to use when you're flying around surveying an area because it allows you to have a lot more freedom with the heading of the aircraft, and therefore the rotational position of the camera. Put Another way, it allows you to look around while you go ahead and fly in one direction.

Reactions: dougsteph
Nice video! If you're not familiar with course lock, take it out and really get good with that feature get used to it. You can assign one of the buttons on the controller -- C1 or C2 -- to enable or set course lock. It is an absolutely fantastic feature to use when you're flying around surveying an area because it allows you to have a lot more freedom with the heading of the aircraft, and therefore the rotational position of the camera. Put Another way, it allows you to look around while you go ahead and fly in one direction.
Thanks for the feedback, I thought about using course lock, but the damage was spread over such a large area i chose not to. out of curiosity, did you see some opportunity to improve it? I'm always looking for ideas and am very open to suggestions.

I shot this with a 4 pro, I have owned the P3S and the P4 as well. If your not into photography and need the 20 Mp camera the regular P4 will be a good fit.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Thank you Doug I have been leaking towards the P4 but wasn't sure. I like a good picture as much as the next guy but no, high quality photo's aren't my main concern. Ease of flying is mort important too me. Never had a drone before so the easier it is too fly the better it will work for me

I will say that there is obviously a learning curve (as there is with any type of R/C). But you'll catch on relatively quickly.

My hardest part at first was trusting how far out (and up) these things can go while still having full control (and video feed).

My very first couple flights were nerve wracking as all get out with the sounds of the motors at times sounding like they're going to stall and such. But after you realize how insanely stable these things are, your confidence will take off and then the fun really begins...

Here's one tip I have for you....have at least 3 batteries to keep you going.

Better yet, 4 or 5.

You'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the feedback, I thought about using course lock, but the damage was spread over such a large area i chose not to. out of curiosity, did you see some opportunity to improve it? I'm always looking for ideas and am very open to suggestions.
Well, my suggestion is Course Lock :D

Many people don't know you can assign CL to one of the buttons under the controller, which makes it easy to switch it on and off, changing the locked course, etc.

Once you do this, and get just a little time in getting accustomed to it, you may find (as for me) it is one of most-used features when flying around manually. It makes it possible to be the Cameraman first and Pilot second, rather than the other way around.

Reactions: dougsteph

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav