Aftermarket P3 Batteries: Non DJI Brand

Reaction score
Looking at buying an extra battery, and found some highly rated P3 batteries on Amazon (non-DJI brand). Compared to the $110 for OEM batteries, these are $79.99. While these are reported to work exactly the same as the DJI brand smart batteries, can anyone attest to actually using them? I've pasted a link below for the product I'm looking at. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Batt-4480...=1472576362&sr=8-4&keywords=phantom+3+battery

The best advice I can offer is that DJI will not honor their warranty if you damage your Phantom while using a third party battery. So, you might be out more than the ~$20 you're going to save.

Some things like the propulsion power I only use genuine DJI batteries. If a third party battery fails in flight at the very least you have a broken quad that DJI won't warranty. But hey, ya saved $30! :D

Buy real DJI batteries, the hobby has cost associated with it and there are some things you can't cheap out on.

I bought an after market battery for my old P2 to save $10.00. After (5) flights it swelled up like a puffer fish and I was barely able to remove it from the drone. A totally different style battery I know but that experience was my last with after market batteries other than with my Go-Pro where it's not critical.

Thanks for the feedback. Based on this, I will almost certainly stick with the DJI brand. Regards.

Stay away from non dji batteries...either won't work or cause failure....I manage my batteries really well and have no probs

Props and batteries - 2 things I will only buy from DJI. Anything affecting flight and safety, it's not worth saving a few bucks.

Reactions: Philltayl

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20