Aftermarket Motor Replacement.

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I'm possibly considering replacing my motor's on my Phantom v 1.1.1 to something like the T-Motors Anti Gravity's but have heard conflicting reports of wether or not it is actually worth the cost.....what's the more experienced pilot's view on this, if you don't mind.

I have also read conflicting views on, if you are installing the T-Motors Anti Gravity's that you need to replace the stock ESC's to the Phantom 2 ESC's....is this true ?

I have also look at DJI's Tuned Propulsion E300 System, but I believe this system may involve quite a lot of work due to having to replace the ESC's and if you want to retain the orientation lights you need to buy aftermarkets and install them too....is the benefit's this system brings worth the hastle ?

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has replaced their motors with any other's other than the two mentioned above.

Also just like to say that in my short time of being a member here, you guy's have built a great little place here with a wealth of knowledge and I feel right at home.... :D

Hello!

I'm possibly considering replacing my motor's on my Phantom v 1.1.1 to something like the T-Motors Anti Gravity's but have heard conflicting reports of wether or not it is actually worth the cost.....what's the more experienced pilot's view on this, if you don't mind.

I have them and I'm happy with them. The build looks better and the bearings are also top quality. But honestly it's difficult to feel a difference... I'm sure I get a little more power out of them! And I feel safer with them :)

Code:
I have also read conflicting views on, if you are installing the T-Motors Anti Gravity's that you need to replace the stock ESC's to the Phantom 2 ESC's....is this true ?

This is wrong! I still have the original P1.1.1 ESC's!

I have also look at DJI's Tuned Propulsion E300 System, but I believe this system may involve quite a lot of work due to having to replace the ESC's and if you want to retain the orientation lights you need to buy aftermarkets and install them too....is the benefit's this system brings worth the hastle ?

I honestly don't understand people building the E300 in their Phantoms. You will loose the LED and this is not what you want. T-motors is a nicer package. Plus now the E300 are obsolete. E310 are available :)

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has replaced their motors with any other's other than the two mentioned above.

Like I said! Very happy with my T-Motors (V3).

Happy to help!

Cheers!

For the last season ive been using the T-motors and yes they are better than the standard motors in performance but im not overly convinced on expecetd quality considering the extra cost. Mind you the quality of the original motors isn't much to write home about anyway. Im trying out the new E310 on a F550 kit as they do look better quality than both motors. Mind you ive only used V2 T-motors and comment on the latest V3.

FC40 Pilot, thanks for the information and it helps to confirm my decision as well. I was leaning toward T-Motors, but couldn't get over the high cost either. After seeing some people questioning the real value and quality for the price, I decided to get some E300 motors since they are on clearance for about $35/pair right now. I also considered the E310's and while they do sound like another big step up, I wasn't ready to spend the extra money on my Phantom 1.1.1 quad that came with 1-2 questionable motors (1 motor has a growl and another clearly has rattly bearings).

I will be interested to hear how you like the E310's and I am curious about how you soldered and correctly wired the 3 wires, considering that people say that they are unmarked. Did you remove the banana plugs from the motors or solder a new wire to the ESC that has banana plugs? How do you tell which wire goes where, trial and error? I would think that everything should be clearly labeled, but that's not what I have read and I have seen many posts about people having to resolder the wires to get the motor to spin correctly.

Thanks for your post and I look forward to getting my new motors and reading about any tips that you may have.
Stach

On getting the motors to spin correctly. I plan to use the bullet plugs and solder new ones to my board. If If he motor doesn't spin the right way, you just switch the orange and yellow wires around. If the wires aren't all the same color that is.

I'm still waiting for an S550 frame from China to arrive so the E310 kit is still in its box. The kit is very simple to adjust so you solder the ESC's to the board and simply switch the wires over by the simple connectors to get correct direction. The kit also includes custom coloured LED's for each motor so you can mount these on all black arms for example and still be aware which side of the craft is in sight. Looking forward to the build as the kit is still sat on the table . Cheers

I have a Phantom 1.1.1 and the bearings are going out on 2 of my stock motors. Can I just replace all 4 motors with E300's (since they can be gotten for cheap right now) while keeping the stock ESC's or do I have to replace the ESC's as well???

-Stach

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj