Aftermarket charger?

Reaction score
Can an aftermarket charger be connected to the Vision battery for charging in the field off a 12V car battery or solar station?

Pull_Up said:
Nope, (for now) it's DJI's own system. However if you get a cheap inverter you will be able to use it from your car battery out and about.

I've got a iCharger and a 12v power supply for charging std Phantom batteries. I need to know about how the Vision charger connects to the battery. Balance port connector, etc and what kind? Propriatary? what?

fizzviic said:
Pull_Up said:
Nope, (for now) it's DJI's own system. However if you get a cheap inverter you will be able to use it from your car battery out and about.

I've got a iCharger and a 12v power supply for charging std Phantom batteries. I need to know about how the Vision charger connects to the battery. Balance port connector, etc and what kind? Propriatary? what?

No balance port... The Vision battery is a "smart" battery with built in balance circuitry. Battery connects to the DJI charger via two large spade connectors using a one-way-round-only plug. As far as I'm aware it's totally proprietary...

Thanks all, i was researching this for a fellow Phantom (Google the word :p ) Aviatrix who has a new Vision and was hoping to find a way to field charge her battery.

Well the balancing is done by the battery, so in theory if you supply the right voltage, right polarity, to the proper connectors you could probably jury rig something up easily. However DJI specifically state to only ever charge with their charger - and at over $150 a set I wouldn't want to be experimenting with anything else!

So DJI have released a car charger ... which means you won't need a full scale inverter if you're charging from lightweight (hiking) solar systems like the Sherpa 50 / Nomad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.