after updating

Reaction score
I have only today updated to 3.06 as I have just fitted the groundstion to my phantom(quite happily using 1.08 up till now).I upgrade my Vision a couple of weeks ago to so I could use its waypolnt function and I like the way it gives you the warning about returning to home based on where you are and how much battery you will need to get back.My question is,does the phantom 2 (non vision)throw up a similar warning,maybe through the iOSD?Or does it just automatically start to RTH when it reaches 20%,which is now the default 1st. warning value.

westray said:
I'm pretty sure you can still cancel RTH by flicking the S1 switch from GPS to ATTI,at least I hope you can.
Yes, flipping the S1 switch will deactivate the RTH, but no matter what it will start auto descending at 15% so you better get it home at that point ;) .

Am I right in thinking it will it start to RTH before it reaches 20% depending on how far it is away from its home point?

Yes, exactly. It will start the RTH depending on how long it thinks it'll take to get home, so it will depend on distance, altitude, and the strength and direction of the wind.

On the Phantom the automatic RTH does not take into account how far away you are from the home point. That only works for the Phantom 2 Vision model along with the phone app.

On the Phantom 2, lets assume you are racing around at full speed when you hit the 20% limit. It will stop in flight and rapidly return to the GPS position when the 20% alarm occurred, could be several meters away if zipping along at top speed.
At this point the LEDS will start to flash red and auto RTH will be initiated.
If you are in GPS mode you have no control - (the rapid stop and autonomous flight will freak you out when it first occurs!) If you are in NAZA mode, flick to ATTI and you can regain control if required.

I am sure you don't need to go to 3.06 just to use the Groundstation, I though that was enabled way before?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues