After registration

Reaction score
Gents and Ladies,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced the same. After I registered my drone and became the "legal" per say. I find that I do not fly as much as I used to, I would fly everyday. Now I find that 4-5 days will go by before I go for a flight. Not that I was doing anything questionable, spying on people etc. I guess I feel a bit nervous that some uneducated idiot is going to turn me in for something that I didn't do.

G

If you do nothing wrong and you do not crash, how are they going to know your registration number? The numbers do not have to be on the craft, it can be anywhere that can be accessed without tools. Plus the numbers probably can not be read from the ground!. I look at it as a lost and found service! I lose it, it is found, someone reads the numbers finds the database and then calls me (if they are honest) I also have my phone number on the craft s well. I am flying more it seems. So get out there and fly!

Reactions: J&L
I have had a bad experience with Drama Mommas from Neighbors. I live in the country and was flying around showing my uncle what you could see. There was a girl on a horse and I looked at my elevation because I didn't want to spook the horse. I was 196' up and here comes this lady accusing me of swooping down and buzzing her granddaughter. I told her that I am sorry but I was not buzzing her like you say, I was 196' up in the air. If you want I can show you. She then instantly got pissy and stomped back to her car and drove down the road. It is instances like that is what I am afraid of and accusations that are from true. The problem is that us guys have been lying to them for years saying "yep this is 12"" LOL

Nothing has really changed after the registration, in fact, I m prepared to answer a question "is your drone registered?" Unfortunately no one asked so far.

Reactions: Discoverydave
How would they turn you in if they did not physically have your drone? Put your registration number inside of the battery compartment. Then forgot about the registration... it will never come up again.

Reactions: Discoverydave
If you do nothing wrong and you do not crash, how are they going to know your registration number? The numbers do not have to be on the craft, it can be anywhere that can be accessed without tools. Plus the numbers probably can not be read from the ground!. I look at it as a lost and found service! I lose it, it is found, someone reads the numbers finds the database and then calls me (if they are honest) I also have my phone number on the craft s well. I am flying more it seems. So get out there and fly!

You must fully trust the government and what they say to you. Despite recent proof that you can NOT believe what the government says.

A. illegal spying on Americans proven in court.

B. IRS selectively targeting certain groups based on their political association(You should care about this no matter if you are a democrat, or republican, because all it takes is for leadership to change and this illegal stuff can happen to the other party members).

C. In Michigan the US government stepped in and purposely changed the intake the public water to a river that was previously known to have high levels of mercury.

You do not think people will be able to complain to their local law enforcement, and the LEO will be able to look at a registry of drone flyers in a certain area, and come talk to you.

You don't think you can be prosecuted, or simply given a fine based on simple hearsay?

There was a study by Ohio State University that there are over 50,000 innocent people wrongly convicted and in jail.

If you think "innocent until proven guilty" still applies, you may want to watch some crime shows, or read some.

This happens a lot! The OP has a valid point.

Reactions: kaybee1
You must fully trust the government and what they say to you. Despite recent proof that you can NOT believe what the government says.

B. IRS selectively targeting certain groups based on their political association(You should care about this no matter if you are a democrat, or republican, because all it takes is for leadership to change and this illegal stuff can happen to the other party members).

C. In Michigan the US government stepped in and purposely changed the intake the public water to a river that was previously known to have high levels of mercury.

You do not think people will be able to complain to their local law enforcement, and the LEO will be able to look at a registry of drone flyers in a certain area, and come talk to you.

You don't think you can be prosecuted, or simply given a fine based on simple hearsay?

There was a study by Ohio State University that there are over 50,000 innocent people wrongly convicted and in jail.

If you think "innocent until proven guilty" still applies, you may want to watch some crime shows, or read some.

This can be said about everything we do, so why worry about it! GO FLY!

Reactions: Buckaye

Kinda must be sad to live life in such a paranoid way. I know you want to "do good" by making the rest of us paranoid. But I think I am going to live my life the way I have for the last 46 years without incident.

Reactions: DesignFlaw06
The registration number makes me more emboldened to fly. The average Joe who is hassling you may think twice once notified of your FAA registration (sounds like a bigger deal than it is). Gives you more clout among the unknowing jerks, perhaps.

Reactions: J.James
The registration number makes me more emboldened to fly. The average Joe who is hassling you may think twice once notified of your FAA registration (sounds like a bigger deal than it is). Gives you more clout among the unknowing jerks, perhaps.

I was just going to say pretty much the same thing. If any one says any thing act all tooty snooty and be all like well im an faa registered drone pilot now buzz off or I'll have to report you for interfering with a registered pilot while in flight. :)

Or even better make a real nice print out of your registration and laminate it and put it on a neck lanyard then you become an authority figure to the stupid morons and sheep that studys show will do just about any thing that some one perceived as an authority figure tells them to do.. and all it takes to be an authority figure is any thing as simple as some uniform. or even the right shirt or even any laminated credentials or badge even if its all just gibberish and nothing on it.

and if some one really starts giving you a hard time still act all firm and start saying things like well I need to see some id to the person. lol and get all authoritative with them. and esp if they are the paranoid types which most people are. They should start feeling real uncomfortable when you start demanding to see some id and also maybe even there contact details so you can have some one from the faa get in touch with them about there interference with a pilot wile in flight and site safety and use the words, law and regulations a few times to and just be real matter of fact sounding about any bs you give them. lol Most dumbasses are just going to either comply and even if they think you are bluffing are not going to want to stick around to find out. Or they will just start being the ones that get nervis and be all like ok sorry to bother you and just leave.

IF you really want some fun also start acting like you are going to call some one on your cell phone about them and start having a conversation about what to do with the "civilian" lol thats interfering with you and your flight. and start asking the imaginary person on the phone what info they need you to get for the incident report. lol They will prob split before you ever turn around to look at them at that point. and it could be pretty fun screwing with some ones head like that.

I was just going to say pretty much the same thing. If any one says any thing act all tooty snooty and be all like well im an faa registered drone pilot now buzz off or I'll have to report you for interfering with a registered pilot while in flight. :)

Or even better make a real nice print out of your registration and laminate it and put it on a neck lanyard then you become an authority figure to the stupid morons and sheep that studys show will do just about any thing that some one perceived as an authority figure tells them to do.. and all it takes to be an authority figure is any thing as simple as some uniform. or even the right shirt or even any laminated credentials or badge even if its all just gibberish and nothing on it.

and if some one really starts giving you a hard time still act all firm and start saying things like well I need to see some id to the person. lol and get all authoritative with them. and esp if they are the paranoid types which most people are. They should start feeling real uncomfortable when you start demanding to see some id and also maybe even there contact details so you can have some one from the faa get in touch with them about there interference with a pilot wile in flight and site safety and use the words, law and regulations a few times to and just be real matter of fact sounding about any bs you give them. lol Most dumbasses are just going to either comply and even if they think you are bluffing are not going to want to stick around to find out. Or they will just start being the ones that get nervis and be all like ok sorry to bother you and just leave.

IF you really want some fun also start acting like you are going to call some one on your cell phone about them and start having a conversation about what to do with the "civilian" lol thats interfering with you and your flight. and start asking the imaginary person on the phone what info they need you to get for the incident report. lol They will prob split before you ever turn around to look at them at that point. and it could be pretty fun screwing with some ones head like that.

Wow! I really like the idea of laminating the certificate and putting it on the lanyard. That will keep the uniformed and the jerks guessing.

LOL to many people there is some thing about any one with any thing like that or even a tag thats clipped on to a shirt pocket. I always laugh When I some times do sub contracted work on net work wiring and upgrades at places and at some jobs I have to were my "official id" which has nothing on it other then saying I'm a service tech lol it dont even have my name on it. But any time any ones even had to look at it they dont really even look at at and just seeing it is good enough and looks all official enough to let me past the security check point with a tool box full of sharp and pointy things.

Wow! I really like the idea of laminating the certificate and putting it on the lanyard. That will keep the uniformed and the jerks guessing.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Its the uneducated people that have seen all the drone stuff on the news which is why they feel like they might be threatened. If the FAA didn't do this whole registration process thing, most non-flyers wouldn't have this in the back of their mind. I still fly when I can but I do wonder if I'll get hassled by someone moron. Seems like the only place you won't get hassled is if you go to an actual RC field but thats not always fun...LOL.

And this I precisely why I didn't register and don't plan to. Not only do I not feel nervous about flying, I still fly just as much! If anyone ever asks if I'm registered, the answer will be "YUP! it sure is!!" If they ask for proof, I'll ask for their warrant. Same goes for police. Either exercise **** strong probable cause to confiscate it and verify or produce a warrant.

Neither will ever happen. I'm not the least bit concerned about remaining unregistered indefinitely, lol.

Funny how people won't register their UAS but are all for affixing their name and phone # to it "in case it gets lost".. That's logical.

If you happen to lose power and crash into someone's house (or as harmless as their backyard), the angry home owner confiscates your drone, sees your name and # on it, calls the police (because everyone hates drones) and now you're in some hot water.

Funny how people won't register their UAS but are all for affixing their name and phone # to it "in case it gets lost".. That's logical.

If you happen to lose power and crash into someone's house (or as harmless as their backyard), the angry home owner confiscates your drone, sees your name and # on it, calls the police (because everyone hates drones) and now you're in some hot water.

Not me. If I lose it, chances of recovering anything usable other than a motor or battery are low. I just assume chalk it up to the price of anonymity

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20