After-Market P2 batteries ... any problems?

Reaction score
Ordinarily I steer very clear of aftermarket products unless they've got a proven track record, but considering a brand new genuine DJI battery died after just 15 cycles, and only 2 months (I'll be claiming it under warranty), even the originals haven't got a great track record for me.
Looking around amongst the hobby shops here in Australia they vary from $160 - $200 per battery.
On ebay you can get genuine ones complete with box, down to around $130.
But there are also some that are probably copies of the original, and they vary from 5400mAh up to 6000mAh. The 5400 boasts only 2 extra minutes flight time, but the 6000's add a usuable extra amount. But when you've got $2000 held in the air by just a battery, playing with aftermarket scares me witless. But apart from the intelligent charger built into the battery, there's no real reason they should be rejected outright as an option. The P1 has a large range of other companies making higher capacity batteries. Many get great write ups by P1 pilots.
So I'm prepared to at least consider aftermarket, rather than reject the idea totally, but I'd like to hear what others think of aftermarket P2 batteries.

Last edited:
Wow. thanks. Nothing like those came up in my search for Phantom 2 batteries.
Those I would trust. The ebay ones I'm a little less trusting of.
I'll have to find somewhere other than Amazon though. Their shipping to Australia prices are just pure robbery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic