AFTER I UPGRADED TO 3.08 FW

Reaction score
hello guys,

My radar reads that my aircraft is in 500 meters away from my home point. after i upgraded to 3.08, upgraded all my batteries and did basic calibration, compass calibration then i tried to start the engine with no props.. how come when i checked my radar, my aircraft is not in the home point/center. any comments or advice what should be my next step to fix it.

Not that it may help, but have you tried a compass cal on your phone/tablet? There may not be one that you know of but I know I had an issue with orientation rather than distance, that was my phone's compass error, not the quad.

Loaderbull said:
Not that it may help, but have you tried a compass cal on your phone/tablet? There may not be one that you know of but I know I had an issue with orientation rather than distance, that was my phone's compass error, not the quad.

I'm using iPad mini ... i flew a lot of times i never knew that i have to calibrate my iPad, teach me how thanks

happydays said:
Not sure if this helps or is even relevant, but go to the compass app (if your ipad has a sim card) and calibrate from there. The calibration screen pops up straight away.

my iPad mini is wifi only

If you power up and never get enough satellites to set home point, your radar will be off, and the distance will likely show n/a (or the distance to your previous home point)

djczing said:
If you power up and never get enough satellites to set home point, your radar will be off, and the distance will likely show n/a (or the distance to your previous home point)

thanks for the comment .. i have only 4-5 sat ... probably your right

wait until you get at least 6 satellites.

And there is absolutely no need to do compass calibration on the phone/tablet. I'm really surprised to see how many people think compass has anything to do with the position?! Compass? A needle pointing to north! Nothing else. Be it electronic or an actual classic device. The one in you phone is only used to draw on screen a reference of your orientation(direction you are facing) with regards to the phantom, so you know whether your phantom is in front of you or left, right or behind.
The compass on your device is not used for anything else and is actually not needed for Phantom operation.

GPS system is used for position and therefor for distance calculation. And it does not have any means of calibration, does not need it. And I believe(but have not tested it myself) that your device GPS is also not used for distance calculation but the recorded home point position from Phantom's GPS. Unless you turn on Dynamic Home Point.

Nathan Carter said:
wait until you get at least 6 satellites.

And there is absolutely no need to do compass calibration on the phone/tablet. I'm really surprised to see how many people think compass has anything to do with the position?! Compass? A needle pointing to north! Nothing else. Be it electronic or an actual classic device. The one in you phone is only used to draw on screen a reference of your orientation(direction you are facing) with regards to the phantom, so you know whether your phantom is in front of you or left, right or behind.
The compass on your device is not used for anything else and is actually not needed for Phantom operation.

GPS system is used for position and therefor for distance calculation. And it does not have any means of calibration, does not need it. And I believe(but have not tested it myself) that your device GPS is also not used for distance calculation but the recorded home point position from Phantom's GPS. Unless you turn on Dynamic Home Point.

thanks Nathan, i upgraded all in 3.08 except the zen because I'm using PV2+, what can you advice, I'm waiting for my lever so i can use 7th channel at the back. i don't want to mess up my gimbal once i upgrade the zen.

Hay mannyx,
In my opinion you do not have to upgrade zen fw in order to get utilysed channel 7 using a liniar tilt lever at the back of you TX. The Zen fw is only needed to operate the gimbal using the new Tx with realive lever. Actually I beleave the Zen fw will even corrupt the camera/gimbal funtion in your configuration. See also other threats on this forum discussion dji latest combined fw/sw realease.

I have the foil mod installed - and it improved things - but still cant get 6 sats usually in my front yard, due more to trees and it being recessed than anything.

I would reccomend the foil mod to any P2V+ owner.

aartsf said:
Hay mannyx,
In my opinion you do not have to upgrade zen fw in order to get utilyse channel 7 using a liniar tilt lever at the back of you TX. The Zen fw is only needed to operate the gimbal using the new Tx with realive lever. Actually I beleave the Zen fw will even corrupt the camera/gimbal funtion in your configuration. See also other threats on this forum discussion dji latest combined fw/sw realease.

thank you very much ... i will not update the FW Zen... big help.

djczing said:
I have the foil mod installed - and it improved things - but still cant get 6 sats usually in my front yard, due more to trees and it being recessed than anything.

I would reccomend the foil mod to any P2V+ owner.

i did that foil shielding mod.... but adding 1 satelite signal and not consistent.. its not good enough for me... thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31