After flying my p3a. It got to about100 ft and then returned to home. It was showing disconnected.

Reaction score
After checking i found that the cable in side the rc coming off the antenna brass screw had broken off the connection, i re soldered the cable back on and checked the connection and it appeared ok. A multi meter showed continuity. Any ideas why it still shows disconnected
And wont start.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

After checking i found that the cable in side the rc coming off the antenna brass screw had broken off the connection, i re soldered the cable back on and checked the connection and it appeared ok. A multi meter showed continuity. Any ideas why it still shows disconnected
And wont start.

Try re-linking the RC and quad.

Anytime P3 loses connection beyond 100 yards, it's a clear indication of disconnected/ ineffective antenna. It could be on RC or on AC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the advise as i stated the antenna. Cable was broken from the brass screw inside the rc. So i think i will purchase another cable and see if that solves the problem. Once again thanks for your info

Also it is advisable not to fly with broken antenna as it might toast the tx circuits.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Alokbhargava is 100% right so hopefully the tx circuit is still ok, it's not even advisable to turn the rc on with no antennas.
Also do not buy a cheap replacement cable from China, they are crap and break easily, Been there done that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic