After connector upgrade I get horrid screeching

Reaction score
So I upgraded from the 30pin to USB (DJI part 56) for a GoPro 4.
Only problem is that now that I power on, the gimbal levels, then when it looks down I hear a horrid screeching sound, at least with the GoPro 4 installed.
Any idea why? The gimbal seems to be functioning fine otherwise. I immediately turned the Phantom off.

Ok, nevermind, freaked out for a minute there. I had a coin counterbalance on the silver motor part as someone recommended. DO NOT DO THAT.
Removed it and Hero 3 works fine, Hero 4 is not sending video for some reason.

Edit: sending video but "scanning" and B&W, whereas the 3+ output was fine.
Ignore my ugly feet :lol:

ccyIuAUl.jpg

Another problem is that the added thickness of the ribbon makes it very hard to install/remove the camera.
This sucks. I hope the Goodluckbuy adapter works, going to order it. The lifespan of the ribbon is compromised due the camera pressing against it.

Fyod said:
Ok, nevermind, freaked out for a minute there. I had a coin counterbalance on the silver motor part as someone recommended. DO NOT DO THAT.
Removed it and Hero 3 works fine, Hero 4 is not sending video for some reason.

Edit: sending video but "scanning" and B&W, whereas the 3+ output was fine.
Ignore my ugly feet :lol:

ccyIuAUl.jpg

Make sure region settings match in the Black pearl and Gopro. If gopro=NTSC, change black pearl to match.

Oops! Had it on NTSC. Thanks!
Going to wait for the GP4 30pin adapter before doing any more testing anyways, I really don't like the ribbon.

Fyod said:
Oops! Had it on NTSC. Thanks!
Going to wait for the GP4 30pin adapter before doing any more testing anyways, I really don't like the ribbon.

Lol.

When you get the Gooluck Buy/sell GP4 Hero Port Part 56, can you test on both the Gopro 3+ and 4 Black and message me.
I'm very interested know if it works.

I will. I need both 3+ and 4 to work in the gimble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers