After a Crash what to do??? Also no video:(

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, i am new to this forum.

I just had a crash with my phantom 3 professional, basically a fast tree run into my drone...
It fell about 8 meters and is more or less structurally intact. I have tested it and seems to be ok except I Have No Video Preview.... It Flys, its Recording, can control camera settings, even the histogram seems to be working, but no video preview.. I can´t even watch the recorded videos on the ipad..
Could there be some cable, that somehow got loose, what should i look for?
What should i do to make sure everything is OK? is there i diagnostics program?
P.S. also i think the gimble took a bit of a hit, seems to be working ok but doesn´t look right, maybe a bit bent:(

Hey Everyone, i am new to this forum.

I just had a crash with my phantom 3 professional, basically a fast tree run into my drone...
It fell about 8 meters and is more or less structurally intact. I have tested it and seems to be ok except I Have No Video Preview.... It Flys, its Recording, can control camera settings, even the histogram seems to be working, but no video preview.. I can´t even watch the recorded videos on the ipad..
Could there be some cable, that somehow got loose, what should i look for?
What should i do to make sure everything is OK? is there i diagnostics program?
P.S. also i think the gimble took a bit of a hit, seems to be working ok but doesn´t look right, maybe a bit bent:(
If it crashed there is a high chance that the gimbal might have been affected. That is a structural weak point that commonly breaks off during a crash. Your gimbal might be intact but the black ribbon running along it might not. Check it carefully, it might have been cut during the crash. See if any part of the exposed ribbon has been separated, even just a tiny sliver.

The ribbon cable looks ok, i have full control over the camera settings, even the histogram works... just no video signal from the drone, is there any other cable i should check?
You are right, the gimbal probably needs repair, the arms are a little bit bent, i have been checking this guy who as a 3d printed repair kit for the gimble, what do you guys think?
Is it better to send to DJI to get a full repair? do you have any idea what that will cost?

thanx
D

The ribbon cable looks ok, i have full control over the camera settings, even the histogram works... just no video signal from the drone, is there any other cable i should check?
You are right, the gimbal probably needs repair, the arms are a little bit bent, i have been checking this guy who as a 3d printed repair kit for the gimble, what do you guys think?
Is it better to send to DJI to get a full repair? do you have any idea what that will cost?

thanx
D
I crashed my drone on the 2nd day. The drone can fly but I have no video feed. Though the ribbon cable looks intact, I only found out later that it was actually cut at a place that I missed. Since the cable is glued flat onto the gimbal, if there is a small rip into the ribbon you might not be able to see it. You have to sort of prod around and view it under strong lighting to see if there any small tears. No video link most likely means the ribbon has been cut.

A broken ribbon is an simple fix. You're very lucky, if that's your only issue.

Thanx for the quick reply guys, i think you are right, although i can't see any damage, the ribbon cable is so thin a flimsy, and it was quite at height that it fell...
should i try the fix myself? i am pretty good with electronics, i am also a sound engineer and used to soldering and taking things apart. I think i need to substitute the gimbal arms also, maybe i should get it repaired in store?
I am worried it might have some other problem that i might be missing....

thank again guys:)
D

Hi i think you hawe the problem betwen the gimbal and the main bord in the phantom other wice it cudd not rekord. i dont now howe it isi in the 3 butt vision hawe 3 wierharnes going upp i think you hawe it ther

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj