After 2 days of successful flying...

Reaction score
I have to say probably the most fun I have had in awhile :) I even broke 200ft once LOL, you guys that fly 2,3,400ft are crazy :shock:

A couple of newbie questions though:

1. I stop flying when the low battery alarm goes off at about 30% I then proceed to charge the batteries. Should I be draining them a 100% and if so, how?

2. Same with my WIFI extender, when should you recharge that?

3. What are the default functions of the s1 and s2 switches? I know the left one switches from GPS to ATTI mode what does the other do?

4. Home Lock- I turn on radio, WIFI extender, then Phantom, I wait for slow to solid green and verify that it sees more then 8 sats, been get 11-13 regulary. How do you know you have a good Home Lock position?

5. Fail Safe - I understand that if I lose communication it should fly back home...is there a way to initiate RTH manually?

Thanks for the help!!

thall17 said:
I have to say probably the most fun I have had in awhile :) I even broke 200ft once LOL, you guys that fly 2,3,400ft are crazy :shock:

A couple of newbie questions though:

1. I stop flying when the low battery alarm goes off at about 30% I then proceed to charge the batteries. Should I be draining them a 100% and if so, how?

2. Same with my WIFI extender, when should you recharge that?

3. What are the default functions of the s1 and s2 switches? I know the left one switches from GPS to ATTI mode what does the other do?

4. Home Lock- I turn on radio, WIFI extender, then Phantom, I wait for slow to solid green and verify that it sees more then 8 sats, been get 11-13 regulary. How do you know you have a good Home Lock position?

5. Fail Safe - I understand that if I lose communication it should fly back home...is there a way to initiate RTH manually?

Thanks for the help!!

Question 4: You should have a good home lock once you see the steady green light blinking... That means you have GPS lock and the Phantom recognizes it. Once you have GPS lock, my understanding is that your home position is immediately recorded. I did notice that you didn't mention doing the 'Compass Dance' or 'Calibration'. It's good to do the calibration prior to any flight and immediately after turning on the Phantom for the first time. If you see the rapid red/yellow after calibration, it means it failed.. repeat. If you don't know what I'm talking about, seek the manual for info on the compass calibration.. To enter calibration mode, you flip S1 all the way down/up 5 times.. Steady yellow light will show on your Phantom.

Question 3 & 5: One use of the S1 switch is to take control of your Phantom after it's entered 'Return To Home' mode. You switch the flip down to the middle position after your Phantom is back in range. To my knowledge S2 (when in Phantom mode) has no effect in the other positions but should always be kept in the top most position as good practice since it can be used for other features when put into NAZA mode.

Both S1 & S2 have special features that can be activated via the Assistant Software to include a manual RTH mode with S1 in the down position. This is only possible in NAZA mode. See this link for a good description of this mode and what it means.
http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik