After 1 year flying it nearly happened!

Reaction score
Hi been flying quads for 1 year now started with the p2v+ and tbs discovery and then bought a p3p about a month or so ago. Got about 16 flights on it with zero problems on firmware 1.19 then today on the 2nd battery i nearly lost it! If i am honest i don't no what happened but it seemed to be going the opposite way i wanted it to then i panicked also i had some sun glare on the screen which made it worse. But when i asked it to climb it did but kept going further away so i chased it trying to look at the screen and could see the golf course so i thought just ditch it there and hope for not to much damage. Anyway as i was chasing it looking at the screen i thought just hit the home button which i did and luckily it came back. To say i'm relived is a understatement but for now all my confidence is lost. I dunno if it was my fault or not but if anyone could look at the flight log for me and tell me what happend i would be very grateful. Thanks Ste.

Ps I've put my lottery on for tonight.

Being too confident can lead to complacency which can lead to mistakes and failure.

Its a radio controlled device which contains a lot of other tech which we 'lean on' to be able to fly them.

If your not concerned about loss of aircraft with every flight... "you're doing wrong". ;)

Every time I fly waypoints I get tight cheeks and not my face. Even when line of sight and I loose her in the sun or that little spot at 1600 ft out or more it's tight cheeks. I think this is and should be a normal reaction. If not that person must be really rich and have a line of these guy ready to go.

Thanks for your replies i wouldn't say I've been complacent more over confident but everything seemed ok. Before every flight i get that feel sick feeling with nerves but once in the air i relax. Until i can find someone who understands the logs i won't no what actually happened. Thanks Ste

Attachments

• FLY059.DAT.LogMessages.txt
    37.6 KB · Views: 372
I have had a couple of those 'Aw ****' moments also, but I have always managed to get it home, one time the battery shut off on my P2 10' away @3', flip and bounce but no damage. I fly FPV a lot and now am comfortable with having the bird out of LOS, no more 'tight cheeks'. I practice flying it out of sight via map, switching to camera, doing a touch-n-go, that bring her home. Not for everyone, but I have flown 'under the hood' and compared to that this is a piece of cake. (knock, knock)

Reactions: SteUk
I've had my share of scares too, but in about 400 flights there was only one time (hardware failure) where I really didn't bring it home - my P2 crashed 1/2 mile out in the Pacific that time. It is a weird feeling walking away from the launch site with just the controller. I don't want to repeat that! One of the scarier ones was landing with 2% left - bad battery.

Reactions: dalebb and SteUk
Are you sure it was moving away from you . I have trouble bring able to tell if it's moving away or towards me when I have some distance between me and my uav. Most of the time I have to rely on my telemetry to know for sure. Just a thought not trying to discredit what you saw. I'd much rather it be my eyes than my bird dojng something wrong .

mine is doing the same thing im scared to fly it at the moment it goes to the left when i try to move it forwards it started with the new app update with me.

The only thing different i have done is i was flying at a different location maybe 5 miles from normal but i calibrated it. Also i had the iPad tethered to my phone for maps never had to do that before as i usually fly at home and cache maps on the wifi before i leave the house.

i am using an ipad air 2 with mine a few people are saying the problem started with the app update and others are saying turn the vps off and it will be ok im going to try that on mine

Same thing happened with me today also. In flight I was pushing forward and it flew away from me backwards(camera was facing me). When I pushed left it went backwards again and then when I pushed right, the same. Pressed return to home, which it did, landed. Switched off and back on and it sorted itself out.

Same thing happened with me today also. In flight I was pushing forward and it flew away from me backwards(camera was facing me). When I pushed left it went backwards again and then when I pushed right, the same. Pressed return to home, which it did, landed. Switched off and back on and it sorted itself out.

Wich firmware are you using?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic