Afraid to fly

Reaction score
Hi.. new poster to the forums, but have been reading many of your posts for over a year. My story started a year ago when I picked up a used p2v+ after learning on smaller quads.

I skipped over the whole P3 line and started researching the P4 well last month I finally bought one. I went down got insurance on it and then life popped up and did not get to even turn it on. This past week I was all ready to get it out and I started reading here and other forums of all the issues everyone is having and now I wonder if my decision to buy it was the right one.

I'm afraid to even take it out with all that is going on with DJI. What has happened That caused all these complaints I have been reading ? And do you guys feel that it will get straightened out or get worse ? Is it sad I feel more confident in keeping my P2 over the P4 ?

Which leads me to the question of does the warranty start the moment you buy it or the moment it gets turned on the first time ?

Just hope you didnt update anything yet. Especially the DJI GO 4 app that removes disabling the GEO fencing.

Yeah! Good time to but Litchi and don't touch DJI GO! From my own experience and what others post here, you won't have those problems with Litchi.
Kim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Neon Euc
Yeah! Good time to but Litchi and don't touch DJI GO! From my own experience and what others post here, you won't have those problems with Litchi.
Kim
WA5TEF

I used litchi once and I will never use it again - the first time I used it my drone fell out of the sky from 110M let’s say it didn’t end well and now I shall never use litchi again

Hi.. new poster to the forums, but have been reading many of your posts for over a year. My story started a year ago when I picked up a used p2v+ after learning on smaller quads.

I skipped over the whole P3 line and started researching the P4 well last month I finally bought one. I went down got insurance on it and then life popped up and did not get to even turn it on. This past week I was all ready to get it out and I started reading here and other forums of all the issues everyone is having and now I wonder if my decision to buy it was the right one.

I'm afraid to even take it out with all that is going on with DJI. What has happened That caused all these complaints I have been reading ? And do you guys feel that it will get straightened out or get worse ? Is it sad I feel more confident in keeping my P2 over the P4 ?

Which leads me to the question of does the warranty start the moment you buy it or the moment it gets turned on the first time ?

Don’t be afraid - warranty starts from when you activate the aircraft and don’t worry if it crashes DJI will usually fix it free of charge! :) - Just have fun! :)

Thanks guys.. I did buy litchi Friday night. Still undecided whether to go that route yet as I read that if something does happen then the warranty won't cover anything. But I do not like the idea of needing the sign in and all the geo fencing. After spending money on the craft it is sad that they inflict all these restrictions. Everyone gets punished for a few bad people.

Another question, do you guys run with some sort of lens protection on the camera ? I never used anything on the P2 but it was used when I bought it

Don’t be afraid - warranty starts from when you activate the aircraft and don’t worry if it crashes DJI will usually fix it free of charge! :) - Just have fun! :)

ummm....DJI differs if you read their warranty contract:
"DJI guarantees that, under the following conditions during the warranty period (see Chart), starting from the date product is purchased, warranty service will be provided." You could buy their 'swell' Refresh insurance after activation though which is 48 hours, but knowing it is DJI they might roll it back to when purchased as well.

Most all sales warranties begin once the register closes and clock begins ticking. You can sit, but then they'll ask for the "Proof of Purchase" and then find the OP or buyer has lost a month already. Most outfits will ask as part of the RMA process and gives them an out. Been there with home appliances prior to house being built.

If I were the OP, I would have done every update and I could do quickly. If it blows chunks and fails updating, then I'd get and exchange going with the seller (e.g. Best Buy's 15-day exchange policy, etc.) by saying "Gimme another one of these things as this one is busted."

I used litchi once and I will never use it again - the first time I used it my drone fell out of the sky from 110M let’s say it didn’t end well and now I shall never use litchi again
Litchi always gets the blame.
There are plenty of similar reports about Phantom falling from sky on DJI.
I can only quote my experience of 250 Litchi flights, and no problem, your experience clearly differs from mine.
I do not want to restart the "Litchi killed my drone" argument, or make a recommendation,so choose using your own app after suitable research.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Just get out and fly and do not worry, just enjoy.
I have just done all my upgrades, recalibrated, relinked, reset everything, and been for a test flight on my P4.
It went perfectly, even the horizon looked OK, but need a few more flights.For me half the fun is playing with my P4 on the kitchen table, adjusting settings, upgrades, testing new apps etc, and then testing in the field.
Trust me the P4 is light years ahead of the P2, I have owned both.

Reactions: Ratty
The mind can play terrible things on you. You hear some stories of a few compared to the many that are having a great time flying. Take it slow. Be sure of what you are doing. Life is taking some chances. To sit and not venture, is that living? I believe most mishaps are do to pilot error. Educate yourself and take it slow to limit pilot error. At least move in a forward direction. HAVE Fun!

Reactions: pomonabill220
Yeah, I can understand why! Sorry you had bad luck with Litchi. I have used it for hundreds of flights on my P4 since November 2016 and never had any problems. Great app for me and countless others.
Jim
WA5TEF

Nonsense; that was just coincidental and had absolutely nothing to do Litchi. Upload the txt file and you'll actually find out the cause of the loss.

Nonsense; that was just coincidental and had absolutely nothing to do Litchi. Upload the txt file and you'll actually find out the cause of the loss.

I know it wasn’t litchi that caused it, but I am still afraid of using it lol, it was actually because of a faulty battery! :)

This past week I was all ready to get it out and I started reading here and other forums of all the issues everyone is having and now I wonder if my decision to buy it was the right one.
There's your problem.
It's just not correct that everyone is having all of these issues.
The majority are out flying just as they always have and at least some of the issues you read about are complicated by the complainers having their facts wrong and blaming DJI for their misunderstanding.

There's your problem.
It's just not correct that everyone is having all of these issues.
The majority are out flying just as they always have and at least some of the issues you read about are complicated by the complainers having their facts wrong and blaming DJI for their misunderstanding.

Meta4 is correct. Do not pay attention to the growing number of people complaining on the various forums about all the problems they are having. They are all lying! Its just a MASSIVE conspiracy against DJI's AWESOME firmware management and PHENOMENAL customer service!

Meta4 is correct. Do not pay attention to the growing number of people complaining on the various forums about all the problems they are having. They are all lying! Its just a MASSIVE conspiracy against DJI's AWESOME firmware management and PHENOMENAL customer service!
And you just continue to ignore the fact that the majority are out flying just as they always have.
Your issue was unfortunate but it was a temporary one but since then you've done nothing but rant against DJI.
It's the noise from a few like you that can give an incorrect impression about how many people are actually having problems.

Reactions: pomonabill220
And you just continue to ignore the fact that the majority are out flying just as they always have.
Your issue was unfortunate but it was a temporary one but since then you've done nothing but rant against DJI.
It's the noise from a few like you that can give an incorrect impression about how many people are actually having problems.

My issue is NOT temporary. There are an increasing number of areas that people cannot fly even though they should be that CANNOT be unlocked! I was locked out of an ENTIRE city that wasn't in a NFZ. YOU choose to ignore this fact AND ignore others having similar problems.

It is this mentality that I PROMISE you will hurt DJI in the long run. I LOVED my P4P and still do EXCEPT for the fact that there are whole cities locked down and God knows if the next place I travel to will be locked as well with no hope of unlocking it.

So instead of getting on your high horse because you are a moderator why dont you do something useful like maybe having a chat with DJI reps to START LISTENING to those of us WHO ARE having problems. I realize not everyone is but you have got to be a fool to not notice the DAILY new threads on this forum as well as others of all the problems people are having with these updates and tightening restrictions.

Its the attitude of you and other DJI shills on here that REFUSE to accept any responsibility for DJI's problems and blame them all on the people that are just too darn stupid to know how to make these drones fly correctly.

Reactions: Blueline308
I know it wasn’t litchi that caused it, but I am still afraid of using it lol, it was actually because of a faulty battery! :)

Why would make a statement like that about Litchi when the actual cause was the battery?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4