Afraid to fly.......What firmware do I have?

Reaction score
Is there a way to tell what firmware I have? Which one is safest?

A situation presented where I could not say no to a crashed P3P, the great guy I got it from got a replacement.

I just about have it at 100% and plan to put in on a shelf! This forum has me scared beyond belief to fly this thing beyond line of sight. Up until now it was my fault if I crashed!

When your Phantom is turned on and the DJI Pilot app is connected to it, you can find the firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of the DJI Pilot app.

1.1.9 is currently the last stable release. Many are using the current firmware with no trouble, so you might be okay too if you already have the latest firmware installed.

Don't fly it beyond line of sight.......until you feel comfortable with it. In a large empty field practice using Atti mode and Return To Home. You'll do fine. And besides, you already repaired it once

Lol at Youngbill.....shaking my head. Is there a way to roll it back? I have highly considered Atti mode as my only mode.

Basically I'm hearing the DJI guy in my head saying "dude lets strap your expensive goproish camera on this drone I built, but there is a chance it will just flip out and fly off.....you in?"

Lol at Youngbill.....shaking my head. Is there a way to roll it back? I have highly considered Atti mode as my only mode.

Basically I'm hearing the DJI guy in my head saying "dude lets strap your expensive goproish camera on this drone I built, but there is a chance it will just flip out and fly off.....you in?"

You're acting like youngbill gave you bad advice... A lot of people have flown the newest firmware without an issue. As you've seen, there is a way to roll back...so do that if you wish. I have one phantom on the latest and one on 1.9. I prefer 1.9 but they both work...

Thanks...my son has my iPad at the moment. Going to give my other little FPV flyer some air time this morning. He has been neglected since "Buzz Lightyear" showed up.

Crap...... 1.2.0. Buckeye I thought his "repaired it once" comment was funny, it made me chuckle, nothing more. I think what he said should be standard for anyone without RC experience.

Crap...... 1.2.0. Buckeye I thought his "repaired it once" comment was funny, it made me chuckle, nothing more. I think what he said should be standard for anyone without RC experience.
Just checking - do you know that 1.2.0 is actually the Pilot App version and not the P3 firmware version?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4