Aero Sim Simulator

Reaction score
I started using this one and it's pretty good!
It has an FPV function that makes you believe you're really flying it.
The phantom model is a P2 vision and you can tilt the camera!
There is a GPS and ATTI mode
IOS as well.
The physics are realistic so I believe it's a good alternative for rainy days!
It works with a dongle , plugged to your remote (Phantom remote don't work, I use a Futaba )
Unfortunately the graphics are way below standard, even at their max, but to learn to fly, I find it brilliant!

I have tried the helix (demo) and the phoenix(demo) I don't think they are that good, and they have no FPV.

I would be interseted to know if you guys use simulators and wich one you prefer.
Thanks.

sergekouper said:
I started using this one and it's pretty good!
It has an FPV function that makes you believe you're really flying it.
The phantom model is a P2 vision and you can tilt the camera!
There is a GPS and ATTI mode
IOS as well.
The physics are realistic so I believe it's a good alternative for rainy days!
It works with a dongle , plugged to your remote (Phantom remote don't work, I use a Futaba )
Unfortunately the graphics are way below standard, even at their max, but to learn to fly, I find it brilliant!

I have tried the helix (demo) and the phoenix(demo) I don't think they are that good, and they have no FPV.

I would be interseted to know if you guys use simulators and wich one you prefer.
Thanks.

Helix has FPV, but only in the paid version, which actually is much better than the demo in terms of graphics, adjustments, etc.

I have the full versions of both Heli-X and AeroSim. For me the best training is in the AeroSim package. The Heli-X reminds me of a gaming environment. Its good but I feel the AeroSim product has more to offer. The physics in both products is quite good but as you get more experience you realise that there's no substitute for the real thing.

Get a hubsan X4 and a stack of batteries :D

Karl666 said:
I have the full versions of both Heli-X and AeroSim. For me the best training is in the AeroSim package. The Heli-X reminds me of a gaming environment. Its good but I feel the AeroSim product has more to offer. The physics in both products is quite good but as you get more experience you realise that there's no substitute for the real thing.

Get a hubsan X4 and a stack of batteries :D

No thanks I prefer AeroSim, great learning mode as well, pointing how bad I am! :) and great fun flying FPV only, in ATTI mode, at full speed! It is a very "teaching" program, They could have done better on graphics though, but to train and maintain, it's more than enough.

I have found the AeroSIM to be an excellent training tool to gain confidence and improve FPV flying skills. The game mode has challenging scenarios that really make you "go for it" when flying through obstacles in a timed event to reach the finish line before your battery dies. To me, I soon get bored with sim views from the ground - instead preferring adventurous FPV flying mode. And while flying through trees, up and around buildings is okay, I much prefer constrained obstacles and target objectives. Using the AeroSIM game mode, you have to touch/hit targets (gold stars), pass though small circular hoops (some partly buried or submerged in the water, with some courses up over and down the mountain, or flying through narrow cliff canyons, etc. And while most of us would never attempt to fly our expensive craft quite so close and fast while risking a crash, it's a great tool to improve your flying and piloting skills (trying to reach the campaign objective as your battery warning light starts flashing).

If/when other flight SIMs like RealFlight 7, Phoenix, Heli-X can approach/match/surpass AeroSIM and connect to my Futaba trainer port, I'd love to take on more game-mode scenarios so please keep me posted...

Just downloaded quadcopter fx for my ipad 2. I think it was $2.99. It's not too bad. Fpv views and you can move the camera around, crash ect.

damoncooper said:
To answer my own question: Heli-X 3D airports support FPV. AeroSim RC apparently supports FPV as well.

Sometimes I wonder why we take the time to answer the question if even the one who asked it can't be bothered to read the answers. :roll:

Hi damoncooper, how many airports does Heli-x have for FPV? AerosimRC only has one that offers interesting FPV flight. I also have Aerofly RC but again, the basic version also has only one environment available for FPV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj