Aerial photograph stitching software or service?

Reaction score
I am interested in flying relatively large areas and taking vertical images, then stitching them together into a large aerial image. Ideally, I would also be able to ortho rectify these (basically like professional aerial photogrammetry) with known high accuracy (x,y,z) base points on the ground.

I have seen some online services and software, but it seems to be oriented more towards a handful of pictures for creating panoramas, etc. I am talking literally hundreds of images.

Does anyone have knowledge here on appropriate software, or even service entities that you could send your images to and have them processed?

Drone Deploy can handle this type of work. There are several. Search the forum for "Mapping" and you should find some hits.

I am interested in flying relatively large areas and taking vertical images, then stitching them together into a large aerial image. Ideally, I would also be able to ortho rectify these (basically like professional aerial photogrammetry) with known high accuracy (x,y,z) base points on the ground.

I have seen some online services and software, but it seems to be oriented more towards a handful of pictures for creating panoramas, etc. I am talking literally hundreds of images.

Does anyone have knowledge here on appropriate software, or even service entities that you could send your images to and have them processed?

Agisoft Photoscan
Pix4d
Context Capture
Autodesk Recap

Photoshop does it well - Choose File > Automate > Photomerge and pick your option

I like Drone Deploy and Altizure, you can use the images you take with The Altizure app in the dronedeploy, Altizure, or Pix4d rendering methods. Pix4d is not as practical unless you have a beast of a computer as you do the rendering locally, the other two you upload the images to their website and they process them for you. I think dronedeploy is the only one with measurement tools though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl