Aerial Britain

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My first attempt at a cinematic video. Compiled some of my most recent footage from the past few months into a small showreel. Having just finished studying on the south coast of England, and my actual home in North of Scotland allowed me to have a good old roadtrip with the drone. I tried passing through as many National Parks as I could. Tell me what you think. Any suggestions/improvements are always welcome.

Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very cool video man, nicely edited! I don't have much in the way of constructive criticism but if you've got the time I'd be really interested to know:

- Did you use a ND filter for filming? If so what type? Your exposure of the sky is really nice!
- Where did you source your music? It seems to fit the piece really well - nice and light but still cinematic.
- Do you use the waypoints / POI to get shots? There is a lot of really smooth flying going on!

In your YT description it mentions you also use the Inspire too - would you say most of the shots are from an inspire or is it 50/50 inspire/phantom?

Finally I'd be interested to know what video editing software you use!

Sorry for all the questions, your video is pretty much exactly what I've been trying to work towards lately!

I like the extra sound fx you've added too :)

Very cool video man, nicely edited! I don't have much in the way of constructive criticism but if you've got the time I'd be really interested to know:

- Did you use a ND filter for filming? If so what type? Your exposure of the sky is really nice!
- Where did you source your music? It seems to fit the piece really well - nice and light but still cinematic.
- Do you use the waypoints / POI to get shots? There is a lot of really smooth flying going on!

In your YT description it mentions you also use the Inspire too - would you say most of the shots are from an inspire or is it 50/50 inspire/phantom?

Finally I'd be interested to know what video editing software you use!

Sorry for all the questions, your video is pretty much exactly what I've been trying to work towards lately!

I like the extra sound fx you've added too :)

Thank you. I appreciated it. First time I've added any sound fx - certainly worth it.

- I used an ND8 throughout. I had bought the whole set however they didn't arrive in time. Some of the images are a bit too blue/purple tinted for my liking because of that. Still better than being overexposed - Just trying to get to grips with the colour correction.

- I sourced it from Epidemic Sound. You get a Student License that allows you to use music their for free in all non-commercial projects.

- I've had a couple bad experiences with waypoints so I tend to do less of that. POI works great - but occasionally isn't as smooth as you want. It's really hit and miss.

- 80/20 Inspire/Phantom. Inspire is much better equipped in terms of camera with adjustable aperture on the Zenmuse X5. Phantom is much more appealing when hiking a mountain however.

- Premiere is my go to.

Excellent, so much material discarded to produce a wonderfully watchable short video.
Cheers. Much appreciated. So much footage..

Last edited:
Fantastic! Were you able to get yourself in there too at 2:38? :)

Good spotting. Admittedly yes.

0.45 in the castle ruin and that 2.38 bridge.

Well done Iain, I always enjoy your videos.

Thanks Dave. I have a good backlog of footage that I'm hoping to get edited soon.

Wow! This is a stunning video. So professional. Awesome job!

Thanks BA557. Glad you enjoyed it. More amateur/professional ones to follow.

Very..very nice video! Smooth flying, great editing and music compliments the footage.
This is NOT a critisism in any way but a personal opinion, I prefer a transition from one clip to another but it's your video and spectacular!

Thanks for sharing and do another soon!

@daveleeds: I did pass by however it was so busy I decided against it. Closer to autumn will be a good time when its less busy and there should be some incredible colours.

@davy: Thanks Davy, much appreciated. I may look into adding a couple transitions in my following video. It depends very much on the soundtrack I find.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31