Advise on Vendor

Reaction score
I need some advise. I am a forensic reconstructionist (aka accident reconstructionist) and I am looking to get a Phantom 2 to take aerials of crash scenes. I will then import that aerial photo into a HD 3D animation program as the terrain for the animation. I will have already forensically mapped the crash site to complete the terrain. I already have a GoPro Hero 3 Black +. I am looking for a vendor that can provide me with a Phantom 2 kit that allows for FPV minus the camera and the monitor (i already have two tablets, a Samsung Tab 2 and a IPad that I can use). I have searched the internet but can't find a vendor that will sell a kit without the monitor and camera. In summation what I am looking for is a kit with the following: Phantom 2, Zenmuse mount for H3 Black +, controller, FPV components, carrying case. Can anyone suggest some vendors please.

gcmcdevitt,

I do not know where you are working but I am a Trooper with a State agency that is currently beginning a UAS program that would utilize a UAS for fatal crashes and Crime Scene Photography. If you are located in the United States I would be very careful to seek out the FAA to properly meet all their rules and regulations concerning governmental agencies and UAV aircraft. We have just received our training COA which took over a year to obtain. We are in the process of getting our operational COA within the next few months. If you are a member of a Law Enforcement or governmental agency, the FAA has more power over you since they could shut down your air operations division or it could affect your airport in your local area. The FAA is really cracking down hard on L.E. agencies who are not following the rules. I have heard that our state is going to adopt the FAA rules and make laws mirroring the regs so that they can prosecute people who are doing stupid things with these great tools. Just a heads up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj