Advice On First Set Up

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum - this is my first post.

I'm looking for some advice on my first set up. I have been looking at all kinds of options, but I recently found this complete set up at DSLR Pros http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... roductName

I'm wondering if someone can give me some advice on this. Is this a solid start up kit? I'd like to roll this into a business, so I would like to start out as geared up as possible. Would I be better off sourcing out these parts individually? What about the new Phantom Vision? Will that be good enough?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Glenn

Welcome to the website. I actually work for DSLR Pros in the R&D department. If you haven't been flying before, the Ultimate kit is probably a bit of overkill. The phantom can be a bit difficult to use at first, but it's not impossible to learn. If you have money to spare, buy a stock phantom to learn with first, then go for the kit. I personally recommend the Pro Plus kit, as I don't like flying with the goggles. The futaba upgrade is key, much better than the OEM transmitter.

We got in one of the Phantom vision units for testing last week, and I'm not very impressed by it. The vision pod only has single tilt with no real stabilization. The FPV system has about the same range on Wifi, but the DJI app is somewhat glitchy. All of these problems could be the fault of the prototype unit we have, but the vision pod looks to be production line. I hope that helps.

netphreak said:
Welcome to the website. I actually work for DSLR Pros in the R&D department. If you haven't been flying before, the Ultimate kit is probably a bit of overkill. The phantom can be a bit difficult to use at first, but it's not impossible to learn. If you have money to spare, buy a stock phantom to learn with first, then go for the kit. I personally recommend the Pro Plus kit, as I don't like flying with the goggles. The futaba upgrade is key, much better than the OEM transmitter.

We got in one of the Phantom vision units for testing last week, and I'm not very impressed by it. The vision pod only has single tilt with no real stabilization. The FPV system has about the same range on Wifi, but the DJI app is somewhat glitchy. All of these problems could be the fault of the prototype unit we have, but the vision pod looks to be production line. I hope that helps.

Thanks!

There are a couple listed on your site as "Pro+" - is the only difference between the two a GoPro? I live in Canada, so I'm assuming that this is the one I'd have to buy http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... roductName ...Is that right?

I can appreciate that your kit might be a bit of overkill, but I don't want to end up buying a Phantom, then just having to go out and buy an extra.

With that said, are your kits going to start shipping with the Phantom 2 when it releases sometime before the end of this year?

Thanks again for your response.

Cheers,
Glenn

The difference between the DP and Cinema edition is the GoPro camera. The Pro+ has the antigravity T Motors, the Ultimate has the T motors and the FPV goggles. I can't really say if we will be shipping the Phantom Vision in a kit yet, we still have to do testing and incorporate it into our current lineup.

netphreak said:
The difference between the DP and Cinema edition is the GoPro camera. The Pro+ has the antigravity T Motors, the Ultimate has the T motors and the FPV goggles. I can't really say if we will be shipping the Phantom Vision in a kit yet, we still have to do testing and incorporate it into our current lineup.

Thanks again.

I was actually referring to the Phantom II - not the Phantom Vision. http://bestquadcopter.com/dji-phantom-ii/

From what I understand, a new version of the Phantom will be released alongside the Vision. Just wondering if the original Phantom included in these kits will be replaced by the Phantom II. Not sure if there's any benefit to this, as I'm really not sure what the II entails - from what I last read, no specs have been announced.

Cheers,
Glenn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers