Advice needed regarding JPG photos

Reaction score
Hi all. Here is a conundrum. What is the fastest possible method to take a hi res still photo with the Phantom 4 and e-mail it to someone? In my perfect world, I would want to A) take the photo, B) disconnect the drone and controller C) show someone the photo on the phone and then D) e-mail it directly form the phone.

The way I have to do it now is A) take the photo B) carry the drone and controller and phone to show the person what the photo is C) transfer the photo to my laptop D) e-mail it to the person.

Suggestions would be most helpful.

Thank you.

Since the hi-res photos are on the SD card in the bird, no way to do it until you get the image to your phone or computer. If you can access the SD slot on your phone without taking the back off (I can't on mine), should be fairly simple. Plug it into the phone and bring it up in gallery (Android). Then 'share ' via email (assuming that you have a wifi connection or plenty of data in your plan) or sms text message although the phone would probably compress it before sending it as a text attachment.

Pretty sure you can use the Go app to transfer the full image on the SD card to the display device. It's done with the editor. If you plan on moving several images make sure you have lunch available for the wait.

Reactions: Traveler
I can't imagin sending out my photos without a cursory trip through Photoshop. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. That's just me. Different strokes for different folks. Hey, if you get it onto your phone from the drone, you could clean it up in an app like Pixlr; color balance, crop, adjust levels, saturation, contrast, vibrance... :)

Leave the drone connected and then open the dji go app go back to the main screen and select editor I believe it is.

Then click photos toward the top find the one you want and click download full resolution to device.

From there you can use some free apps to do some quick and basic improvements before emailing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4