Advice Needed from SJCAM SJ4000 owners

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm about to pull the trigger on an SJ4000, but I need some questions answered first. I tried writing their support department, but it's been three days with only a robo-reply. I plan to use the camera to record aerial videos as well as for my FPV source at a later time. Here's what I need to know: 1) On their site, SJCAM says the A/V out port is HDMI, yet on this forum and some others, I've seen folks indicate it is actually mini-USB. So which one is correct? 2) I need to know if I can record to the SDHC card at the same time the A/V out port is providing live video, also is it a standard Micro SD or do you need an adapter sleeve? And 3) is there a pinout of the A/V out port available anywhere? I downloaded the User Manual from the SJCAM site and didn't see anything there, and as I mentioned, their tech support is non-responsive. That's about it. I hope someone who actually owns one can assist in answering these questions before I purchase. Thanks in advance and fly safe...

The SJ4000 has both HDMI out and USB out as the photo shows. It will transmit a video signal as well as record to its mini SD card at the same time however it will not work with any Zenmuse gimbals such as the H3 or H4s as they use a different output plug.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 1,535
Thanks to Noel and Pete for a speedy response. That's some good info in both posts. I saw a video review of the SJ4000 and sure enough, that 500ms lag was very noticeable. Does anyone know if the Turnigy HD Action Cam 1080P is comparable to the SJ4000? It's size, shape, and features look almost identical, and it's about 20% less. Thanks again guys...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik