Advice for newbie please

Reaction score
Hi all.
I am a newbie to both this forum and any flying machines.
I have purchased a pre-owned Phantom 2 vision +, however my phone is not compatible to fly it and I don't own an Ipad.

Its a lovely day in the North of Scotland, but all I can do is search for the most suitable phone or ipad to compliment my purchase.

I would fully appreciate the knowledge and experiences of this forum members to make the right purchase first time.
I don't particularly need a phone, so any suitable gadget for the dedicated use with the Phantom would be good.

Regards
Milly

Just about any Android or Iphone will do.
You don't have to have a sim card or phone account so you could pick up something secondhand..
Just use with Wifi to download the app and maps.

Milly said:
Hi all.
I am a newbie to both this forum and any flying machines.
I have purchased a pre-owned Phantom 2 vision +, however my phone is not compatible to fly it and I don't own an Ipad.

Its a lovely day in the North of Scotland, but all I can do is search for the most suitable phone or ipad to compliment my purchase.

I would fully appreciate the knowledge and experiences of this forum members to make the right purchase first time.
I don't particularly need a phone, so any suitable gadget for the dedicated use with the Phantom would be good.

Regards
Milly

Be aware that some devices are not compatibles if you try to download from the app store but there are other downloads alternatives. If it is an android phone try this http://www.droidbin.com/p199d1e1p71dp5bvc1jrsllop7j3. This app version is my favorite but be aware that it has no GS limits so you must understand it very well.

The Galaxy Tab 4 in 7 inches is one of the least expensive tablet that makes a very good monitor. But you have to figure out how to hold it to the controller. There are various alternatives to do it.

Small world robsquad, I used to live in Bridgnorth and the lad that works for me is gone home to Dudley today for the new year. I have now got the app up on my phone, but haven't made a connection to the camera yet.

I use a Galaxy S3. Works well and was £200, new.

I may scout for an S3 0r S4 as my eyes are not the best, but I am delighted now to have connected my Samsung Galaxy ace 2 phone to the camera and able to take video and stills. I hope the weather stays fine to have a go at flying tomorrow. I think this could be addictive.

Welcome to the forum Milly!

(and it is addictive!)

Welcome to the forum Milly.
I use my 3 year old Galaxy Note 1. It's bigger screen helps my old eyes. ;)
I'm sure you could pick up an old Note from ebay.

Hi Milly,

Welcome,
I use a Nexus 7, works great. It's a good idea to fix some kind of sun shade to your screen.

Look forward to seeing some of your videos and pics.

Happy flying.

Steve.

Sunshade sounds good, I had a couple of successful flights today and I was showing off my new found skills to a mate and suddenly the craft went out of my control because the battery was low and returned to base, landed very impressively.

Windy Pig said:
Hi Milly,

Welcome,
I use a Nexus 7, works great. It's a good idea to fix some kind of sun shade to your screen.

Look forward to seeing some of your videos and pics.

Happy flying.

Steve.

Hi Steve
I did get my galaxy phone to connect and have had several successful flights with it, however I find the screen too small so purchased a Nexus 7. Its a great device for many things that I have had a play with, but when I tried to download the app it said " Your device isn't compatible with this version." Am I doing something wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31