Advice for Filming

Reaction score
Hello!
First post here after lurking around in the background reading up on everything! I've been looking at the phantom for a while now to help me in some of the winter sports stuff I film. I've been weighing up the options between the Phantom and the F450, but I think for my needs a phantom will be fine. Someone recommended that I buy a hubsan x4 before getting something bigger, possibly the greatest advice I have ever had! After a few bumps I've got the hang of it and have been buzzing around my flat annoying my housemates! So I'm thinking its time to upgrade to something for my gopro!

First off has anyone had much experience filming in snow / cold environments. Does this effect the battery much? I'm not talking super cold, coldest would be down to -10c.

Secondly is a question about stabilisation. I've been reading lots of food things about various gimbals but I have minimal budget. Are there any good gimbals around that are pretty cheap? Also, are the anti vibration plates you can buy any good? Just something to reduce the vibrations going through the gopro mount, as at first I wont need a full gimbal.

Any advice would be great!

I"ve heard that cold weather will diminish battery flight time, so just keep the batteries warm I suppose (they warm up while flying too!).
look into the Tarot gimbal, best bang for the buck. a brushless gimbal makes a huge difference in the stability of your video. huge.

Is the Tarot Gimbal easy to fit and use (I know lots about cameras but very little about gimbals!!)

Batteries will be kept in my jacket next to my SLR batteries in a special pouch I have made with handwarmers surrounding it to keep them a nice temp!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20