Advice fitting tablet holder

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a Inspire type tablet holder from ebay for my P3S.

Any tips on getting that hole drilled in the right place ?

Has anyone made a 'template' that I can lay on the Tx to mark the spot exactly where it needs to be ?

I'm a bit wary of drilling a hole in my brand new P3S controller so thought I might get some advice first.

Cheers

Hi,

I just bought a Inspire type tablet holder from ebay for my P3S.

Any tips on getting that hole drilled in the right place ?

Has anyone made a 'template' that I can lay on the Tx to mark the spot exactly where it needs to be ?

I'm a bit wary of drilling a hole in my brand new P3S controller so thought I might get some advice first.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!

A search,
Search Results for Query: Inspire tablet holder P3S | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

A link
HOW TO: Install tablet mount on a Phantom 3 Standard remote controller | Phantom Help

Link is from
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Rod :)

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

I just had an idea. The bracket is actually really rigid and holding well enough with just that one screw and the other end pushed against the shell. (I have it like that to mark the spot to drill). I have one of those round, flat holders that you use to mount a gps with a carbon rod stuck in it. If the hole is large enough, I might use double sided 3M pad and stick it to the shell. The round part of the bracket would then just sit in that. I don't think I'll need to drill any hole.

I have never done any of this stuff, I need to, I found a saved a book mark for myself, I think I was going to do this one, let me know, I just keep putting it off, long story, it took me 1 year and 1/2 to pick a tablet. :rolleyes:

Any good tablet holder for P3S controller?

Rod..

I've also been researching this and found that there are many people that do as you've suggested Paul... simply remove the rear most screw and let it sit on the controller, without even so much as tape. Gravity should hold it down, but that's just a guess before I have a chance to go over options.

I've ordered a tablet holder as well... thank you Rod for the detail, I now know that is also an option if I'd like to make it more rigid.

Great info; I'll decide when I finally receive it!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi Rod,
I only just got my P3S. Really hate the idea of drilling holes in a brand new controller. But I need some way of holding my ipad mini. I just found a spare GPS holder/bracket but I had super glued the carbon rod into it. It won't budge. Looks like it might just be large enough diameter for the shaft of the tablet holder to fit. I'll order another on ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers