Advice about buying a Phantom 2 V2 please...

Reaction score
I am this close " >||<" to buying a Phantom 2 V2 and want to be VERY sure that I get what I am expecting. I already got a Hubsan H107L to practice with and I have about 90% of the learning done (just need more practice on controls when the Quad is facing me).

I am getting a new GoPro Hero 4 Silver from someone that can get it at a discount.

So I looked on Amazon and found this:
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Quadc ... antom+2+v2

What I want to be VERY sure about is the following:

1) Is this really a Phantom 2 V2? (with the new gimbal control on the corner of the TX, and the propellers are hardened and have more lift, upgraded motors, etc...)

2) This ad says " this gimbal is a H4-3D and will only work on a Heros 4 Black". Does that mean the Heros 4 Silver I will buy will not work on this gimbal?

3) It said something about a Battery and is non standard. What does this mean?

4) I would like to buy extra parts, but I cannot find it from this link.
Where can I get extra parts? I don't want to buy parts from several different people and pay for more shipping.
What I want is an extra DJI battery, Prop-guard, and maybe 2 or 3 extra sets of propellers ( what part # is the propellers for the P2-V2 ?) I have seen different #'s and want to be sure I get the right ones.

5) Is there anything else I may have overlooked or should consider?

Thanks !

That Phantom is OK, It is really V2 upgraded TX, motors, etc. according to specs and pictures.
The note about GoPro4 is related to Weight. The H3-3D gimbal is tunned for 74 gr (Gopro3/3+) and the H4-3D gimbal is for 84 gr. (GoPro 4 Black and 83 gr GoPro 4 Silver) About the battery note is because new TX uses Poly rechargable battery instead std AA batteries. My thought is pull the trigger. No problem with your requirements vs. the offered phantom from Amazon. Check chart link below.
http://vegasaur.com/gopro-hero4-hero3-comparison

The additional parts (battery, protectors, etc, can be bought to the same dealer. There is the link to his store:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?i...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A2PNU40NH0EXM7

Ask for just 1 package with phantom + your additional parts. ;)

rockhoundrob said:
I am this close " >||<" to buying a Phantom 2 V2 and want to be VERY sure that I get what I am expecting. I already got a Hubsan H107L to practice with and I have about 90% of the learning done (just need more practice on controls when the Quad is facing me).

I am getting a new GoPro Hero 4 Silver from someone that can get it at a discount.

1) Is this really a Phantom 2 V2? (with the new gimbal control on the corner of the TX, and the propellers are hardened and have more lift, upgraded motors, etc...)

2) This ad says " this gimbal is a H4-3D and will only work on a Heros 4 Black". Does that mean the Heros 4 Silver I will buy will not work on this gimbal?

Where can I get extra parts? I don't want to buy parts from several different people and pay for more shipping.
What I want is an extra DJI battery, Prop-guard, and maybe 2 or 3 extra sets of propellers ( what part # is the propellers for the P2-V2 ?) I have seen different #'s and want to be sure I get the right ones.

Thanks !

I have no knowledge whether the h4 silver works or doesn't work with the H4-3D gimbal. I realize the h4 black is more expensive than the silver but it also has more to offer. I made the same mistake when I purchase the h3+ silver over the black. Now I have both.

Yes the Phantom 2 V2 comes with everything listed on amazon's ad.

What will need is a FPV setup that includes a TX, mini iOSD, Diversity RX monitor, a mount for the monitor and Plug n Play cables for both TX/iOSD units. Sorry but I don't give advice on which equipment to buy.

I am in the same boat as yourself. I have a Hero4 Silver that I bought at a steep discount from someone on another board I frequent. I have emailed and twitter / facebooked DJI and everyone I "spoke" with has told me that the H4-3D gimbal will NOT support the Silver Hero4. However, DJI has also said in the past that the H4 will NOT work on the H3-3D gimbal either, and they will, in some cases with weight added, in some cases not.

I am still on the fence about this. My wife and I are going to Canada for a week, leaving this Thursday. After we return, I am planning on this purchase. I currently have a Phantom 2 Vision + and am really wanting the improved video that the GoPro promises. My problem is, do I get the new gimbal and hope that it works, or get the H3-3D and modify it to work, as so many others have done. If I get the H4 and it doesn't work, then I will end up having to buy the H4 Black, and then I have 2 GoPro H4's. I suppose I can always sell the silver...

LostAngel said:
I am in the same boat as yourself. I have a Hero4 Silver that I bought at a steep discount from someone on another board I frequent. I have emailed and twitter / facebooked DJI and everyone I "spoke" with has told me that the H4-3D gimbal will NOT support the Silver Hero4. However, DJI has also said in the past that the H4 will NOT work on the H3-3D gimbal either, and they will, in some cases with weight added, in some cases not.

I am still on the fence about this. My wife and I are going to Canada for a week, leaving this Thursday. After we return, I am planning on this purchase. I currently have a Phantom 2 Vision + and am really wanting the improved video that the GoPro promises. My problem is, do I get the new gimbal and hope that it works, or get the H3-3D and modify it to work, as so many others have done. If I get the H4 and it doesn't work, then I will end up having to buy the H4 Black, and then I have 2 GoPro H4's. I suppose I can always sell the silver...

The problem as I see it with the H3-3D with either H4 cameras is that some are using ND filters which are throwing the balance off so therefore they are having to use counterweights to balance it.

The reason I don't want to buy the Hero 4 black, is that I heard it does not come with the LCD display. You have to buy it separately. It is already $100 more than the silver and then have to spend more just to get a LCD.

I wrote an email to an RC copter (DJI dealer) place in California and they said the Hero4 Silver will work on either H3-3D or H4-3D. I am still leering of this. I know the weight difference between the 3 and 4 is big enough that it has to affect something.

Is the gimbal something that has to be calibrated depending on what kind of Hero you get?

Thanks !
I don’t understand why you would buy that drone when you have so many other better choices . If a phantom 3 is not good enough camera wise then step up to the phantom 4 .those go pro cameras are very expensive and they don’t do as good a job as the Sony camera that comes on the p3 never mind the p4 so good luck to you just do a little more research before you spend your hard earned money on something you might not be satisfied with

I don’t understand why you would buy that drone when you have so many other better choices . If a phantom 3 is not good enough camera wise then step up to the phantom 4 .those go pro cameras are very expensive and they don’t do as good a job as the Sony camera that comes on the p3 never mind the p4 so good luck to you just do a little more research before you spend your hard earned money on something you might not be satisfied with

Guess you didn't notice the date those posts were posted in Feb 2015

I am sorry I didn’t.I am sure you have moved on to a very capable drone.

Really nothing to be sorry about. Many other new members have done the same thing throughout the years. I still fly my P2 and have not upgraded.

Really nothing to be sorry about. Many other new members have done the same thing throughout the years. I still fly my P2 and have not upgraded.
Not a new member.It is cool that you still enjoy your drone,So many people just never know when enough is enough if it does what you want it to that’s perfect.Have a good one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic