Adventures in being careless

Reaction score
I decided to fly my phantom 4 when it was 105 degrees outside in Bisbee Arizona, i had it in the trunk and my ipad mini was already hot, so i flew it around and my ipad overheated and turned off mid flight. Luckily the return to home worked like a charm.

Next flight i wanted to fly around the open pit mine. When i started it up it said Vision Error. I flew it anyways because i had driven a long time to get this video. I flew it about a mile away and then tried to turn it around to come home and it would not turn toward the sun, it acted like there was an obstacle in it's way. So I had to run to it before the battery died in 100 degree heat.

In hindsight i could have tried to fly it back sideways or backwards. i think the sun was making it think there was an obstacle in the way, since it apparently wasnt using GPS.

So yah, all my fault. Love my Phantom 4.

I flew mine in 110 degree weather in town to get a few shots. I could only handle about 6 minute flights at a time. I headed in the truck cooled my phone and tried again!

Don't think transporting it in the trunk in that kind of heat is such a great idea adam .

Adam I'd highly suggest you spend some time (maybe in lower temps) practicing flying the aircraft in situations other than just straight ahead. Sometimes you gotta fly sideways, backwards, diagonal etc. You don't want a "tough situation" to be the first time you've tried an unusual attitude flight.

Glad you got it back safe n sound.

Also for me I make sure to take the batteries out and put them in my backpack if I have to leave my drone. A car is extremely hot.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
These are great tips...I definitely need to plan better and be smarter, the little guy is way to expensive and enjoyable to not be careful and prepared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic