Advanced flight mode

Yes, turn off Beginner Mode in the DJI Go app. After that you can flip the right-side switch (S1)towards you and it will give you more options for flight. 1(P)-2(A)-3(F) Modes.
P = Normal mode with all safety/GPS stuff on.
A = Manual mode with no GPS (I Believe)
F = Features mode, where you setup Waypoints, POI, Follow me, etc.. etc..

Thanks for going over those settings, does the F mode have GPS? I assume so since it's running specific navigation which ought to include god but it's never good to assume

I actually have never flown it other than adjust POI in 'F-Mode'. I presume it has all the GPS and safety on, but I have not tested that yet.
I'm sure someone will chime in about that soon. :)

It also has to "actually flying" , as well.... to alter anything....

Reactions: iquadtography
Simon, have you had any issues w these modes? Or does it make it hard to setup because the Acft has to be in flt?

Thank goodness to the stability and hands-off 'ability' of the Phantoms. You can press the switch and use your tablet without even looking at the Quad as you plan everythng. *As long as you 'parked' it where nothing happens to it or it's not in the way of traffic or something*

Simon, have you had any issues w these modes? Or does it make it hard to setup because the Acft has to be in flt?

Nope - But its just a waste of battery especially the "waypoints" function should be called "Copy n Fly" really needs to be like the GroundStation on my F550! - Far Far better

As far as I understand ... "Parked" is just stopping moving the phantom, and it stays in place no? Or is there a function to put it into "stay" mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I understand ... "Parked" is just stopping moving the phantom, and it stays in place no? Or is there a function to put it into "stay" mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct jeep .Parked is just how he described it . In ATTI it will drift with the wind .

Are there any additional software or firmware updates I need to do (other than the initial firmware update) to utilize the F Mode (Which is S1 switch in the full down position, correct?)? I still seem to be having trouble utilizing the IOC mode. Moreover, What does switch S2 really do? I really appreciate any help. I am completely new to the Phantom platform and user manuals are really inadequate. I have the P3 Standard. Thanks in advance for the help

Hi, have you definitely turned off beginner mode in the menus?
Think that might block IF modes.
It's kinda weird that the modes that would be MOST helpful to a beginner are disabled by default but never mind.
Dave

DRC, yes. I turned that off almost immediately. I'm wondering if I'm A)either just not doing it right, or B)need to re-update the firmware. But, I can fly in P-GPS mode, or P-ATTI. I just don't know how to get into F-MODE. Super frustrated

I "think" you need to be hovering above the ground a certain elevation before you can turn F mode on.

Is there any way to automatically take photos by certain time delay/interval while in follow me or waypoints?

I "think" you need to be hovering above the ground a certain elevation before you can turn F mode on.
You can enable F mode at any height or distance .Then you will see the screen drop down to do whatever you want . :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31