Adv vs pro

The ONLY difference between P3P and P3A is that the Pro has a 4K camera while the Adv has a 2.7K camera.

You can compare the differences here. The camera is not the only difference.

Pro has 4K camera, 100 watt charger, up to 10 Mbps video link. $1259

Advanced has 2.7K camera, 57 watt charger, up to 2 Mbps video link. $799

That is the difference between the two models. For $440 price difference, unless you have new high-end computer with lots of memory, dedicated video processor, and a fast CPU, plus a 4K display device, I would go with the Advanced. The 10 Mbps vs. 2 Mbps video link won't affect your final videos & comes into play only if you plan on adding the HDMI module & goggles. Even then you won't have any trouble flying with goggles on the Advanced. The 100 watt charger is faster but can be purchased for around $40 & you can use the 57 watt supply as a spare or to charge your controller at the same time as a battery. Down the road if you REALLY want & need 4K, you can purchase the 4K camera from the Pro, install it & Pro firmware, & your Advanced becomes a full-blown Professional.

In the meantime you can use the $440 saved to purchase a couple of extra batteries & a case.

Is the pro worth the extra money what's the difference?

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Agreed Dirty Bird. I had an Advanced and DJI sent me a Pro after a repair. Honestly, I see absolutely no difference and think that DJI is ripping people off by charging that much of a price increase for the Pro. Now I have 2 controllers with the Itelite mod. Anyone want one?

Is the camera on the standard the same as advanced?
The cameras are almost the same, with a few noticeable differences:
Adv:
  • microSD goes into gimbal base, not camera like standard
  • camera is slightly smaller than standard
  • comes with screw-on UV filter unlike standard

It has the same resolution as the Advanced but uses a Panasonic sensor instead of the Sony Exmor. Also no screw-on filter on the Standard. The gimbal itself is designed differently as the Micro-SD is installed directly into the camera instead of the gimbal. I've also read the gimbal mechanism may not be as robust as the Advanced/Pro model.

Is the camera on the standard the same as advanced?

Doesn't anyone bother to read the link msinger provided above and have to ask the same question over and over again?:rolleyes:

Adv has Lightbridge transmission, additional Glonass positioning, visual positioning system and Sony sensor. Std has slightly longer flight time, different remote controller (not compatible with Adv and Pro) and cheaper.

He only asked about camera differences.

The UV filter on the P3A & P3P come off, it doesn't on the P3S and I don't know about the P3 4k. Would kinda suck if the P3 4k didn't have a removeable UV filter.

Well there is also Vision Positioning System module but that isn't really important for outdoor flight. Lightbridge, however, is a HUGE difference offering 5x the range of a Standard. One advantage for a Standard is flight times are listed as 2 minutes longer. I just picked up a Standard while they are on sale @ $499. It's basically an upgraded Vision+. Obviously it won't match my Advanced & Pro for range, but my plan in purchasing the Standard was for use in autonomous missions now that the Standard SDK has been released. It is a less expensive investment for a risky flight and that extra 2 minutes of flight time might be the difference between making it back or falling a mile & a half short! ;)

So the only difference really is lightbridge?

Well there is also Vision Positioning System module but that isn't really important for outdoor flight. Lightbridge, however, is a HUGE difference offering 5x the range of a Standard. One advantage for a Standard is flight times are listed as 2 minutes longer. I just picked up a Standard while they are on sale @ $499. It's basically an upgraded Vision+. Obviously it won't match my Advanced & Pro for range, but my plan in purchasing the Standard was for use in autonomous missions now that the Standard SDK has been released. It is a less expensive investment for a risky flight and that extra 2 minutes of flight time might be the difference between making it back or falling a mile & a half short! ;)
Let me know what kind of range you get.

RC, Lightbridge, & range are the same for the Pro & Advanced. The aircraft itself is 100% identical save the camera/gimbal. The photo resolution for all P3 models is 12 megapixels so you shouldn't notice any difference on photos.

Do the pro and advance have the same rc? And what's the photo resolution on the pro isit 4k aswel as video?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1