Adv owner looking for advice

Reaction score
As the title says i own an Advanced. I was looking to buy a Standard for my friends son who is a single mother. His birthday is coming up and he really enjoys watching me fly mine. He will be 11. But a very mature 11. Is a standard a good purchase for him or is there another drone out there that has the same abilities as the standard (ex. gps flight, flight time..etc) Something that if a oh **** happens he can let go and it corrects and hovers like the Phantoms.He is going to keep it here at my house and only fly it with me until i feel he is competent enough to handle it himself. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Price-wise, it would be a great choice. It would be hard to find another quad with the same features in that price range. Expense-wise though, I don't know too many 11-year-olds that can afford all of the extras that go along with owning a Phantom (e.g. extra batteries, case, replacement props, etc.).

Lol. Very true. I'm sure that's where I come in or his mother. Just wanting to make the right choice on which to get him. Like I said he is very mature and extremely smart and I feel he wouldn't have a difficult time operating the phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure that's where I come in or his mother.
If money isn't an issue, then it sounds like a great idea. The P3S is a great starter quad -- especially at the current price.

... but you or his mother would have to register for him since he's not legally old enough to register...

...and then of course one of you have the liability thing goin' on if he's out flying on his own...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic