Adobe Premier Elements - P3P Questions

Reaction score
OK, I swear I tried search everywhere on here before asking.. I've watched a lot of video editing videos on here for P3 / Inspire and I think I have the camera settings down, using ND Filters. Shooting manual, LOG, correct format, etc. I've had adobe premier elements 13 and am trying to apply all of the edits that I've seen on DJI videos using it, but literally can't seem to find any videos or anything that use anything less than Pro or something else. Is premier elements enough "power" or complexity for the type of editing I need to do? I just see the basic color edits and the typical Auto modes (these are terrible as far as I've tested) that really use anything similar compared to the other tutorials... Should I refrain from LOG format and shoot manual but in a way that requires less post editing? I've seriously tried to learn the photography piece of this toy and being in finance it's just a whole new world and it's not clicking.. But I don't want to underutilize this new camera.. Frustrated and would love any input. My main locations are architectural, landscapes, lake/ocean, golf courses, and some real estate.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

what you want to accomplish on your videos? premier will let you cut, reverse,end adjust lighting,special effects they are kinda preset upload a movie and tell me ideas of final edit work on photography and some basic video edt have premier here

Reactions: YolevonALLin
I have premiere elements 13 I'm pretty sure you cannot edit 4k video. It's pretty limited, and its probably more for beginners/novice.
When I purchased it I got it for editing vids for my p2v+. I still use it for My P3A though

Well, I desire to get higher quality videos that dont have the issues that come with Auto... but I really am now learning I dont have the time to put in on detailed post editing.. So, I guess my question is, should I still utilize ND filters, and some less advanced settings on the camera to accomplish better than average final videos? For example, some of the tutorials have settings that create a more bland video out of the can but say "we do this and can get more out of it in post even though it looks plain in its first form".

Looking at filters and settings, which of those are the key ones that will still need to be used assuming minimal post shoot editing. For example, should I keep the manual settings and ND filters, but not shoot LOG? What is the best balance of camera settings that also require minimal post editng but the pro photographers wont puke watching your video bc of amatuer errors. To be more specifc, im going to the lake this weekend and want to get max potential from my footage.

Thanks all

OK, I swear I tried search everywhere on here before asking.. I've watched a lot of video editing videos on here for P3 / Inspire and I think I have the camera settings down, using ND Filters. Shooting manual, LOG, correct format, etc. I've had adobe premier elements 13 and am trying to apply all of the edits that I've seen on DJI videos using it, but literally can't seem to find any videos or anything that use anything less than Pro or something else. Is premier elements enough "power" or complexity for the type of editing I need to do? I just see the basic color edits and the typical Auto modes (these are terrible as far as I've tested) that really use anything similar compared to the other tutorials... Should I refrain from LOG format and shoot manual but in a way that requires less post editing? I've seriously tried to learn the photography piece of this toy and being in finance it's just a whole new world and it's not clicking.. But I don't want to underutilize this new camera.. Frustrated and would love any input. My main locations are architectural, landscapes, lake/ocean, golf courses, and some real estate.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like others have said I'm not sure how well Elements handles 4K footage and I know it is limited to more "preset" kind of adjustments. Divinci Resolve lite is free so that's an alternative. I do everything in Premiere Pro CC and of course it handles all things color and size quite well.

Yes if you shoot and not worry with grading or color choose one of the standard profiles. But if you want to start pushing the limit with color and grading you need something with a little more muscle.

Here's a sample of what you can do with flat footage in post.... lots of fun.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like others have said I'm not sure how well Elements handles 4K footage and I know it is limited to more "preset" kind of adjustments. Divinci Resolve lite is free so that's an alternative. I do everything in Premiere Pro CC and of course it handles all things color and size quite well.

Yes if you shoot and not worry with grading or color choose one of the standard profiles. But if you want to start pushing the limit with color and grading you need something with a little more muscle.

Thanks! So, assuming I will learn the ins and outs of real editing eventually, but not necessarily soon.. By the standard profiles do you mean still utilizing ND filters, manual, but not doing LOG.. or all of the above? Or any other specific quick few to use/not use for requiring zero to small post color editing.

if you are going to the Lake i will use nd filter, lot of reflection from water, set camera auto since yor photo skill are not at your best and enjoy your flying with premier at 4K you can do a save as run on 1080 which will cut some blades trim your screen and do final editing on your COPY, leave the original to test with davinci resolve, etc
Ps shoot o 4k will be nice to see it later in life, got a p2 here so 1080 is max for me
Have a safe 4 U all

Thanks! So, assuming I will learn the ins and outs of real editing eventually, but not necessarily soon.. By the standard profiles do you mean still utilizing ND filters, manual, but not doing LOG.. or all of the above? Or any other specific quick few to use/not use for requiring zero to small post color editing.
Yeah standard meaning profile wise. Don't use LOG. Either vibrant settings or custom with the contrast and saturation cranked up a bit.. +1, +2 maybe.

ND filters: For the most part they do one thing really well. By darkening the image they slow the shutter speed of the camera so movement has a natural motion blur to it. Like films in the cinema.
CP filters: For the most part do two things: 1) remove glare from water surface & glass surfaces. But it will also reduce sunlight glare from grass and leaves. Giving a deeper more uniform tonal range. 2) You get richer, deeper blue skies without darkening the clouds in the foreground of the blue sky. It'll also help with the subtle detail of a "white" cloud vs the cloud blowing out to 100% white in areas. So this helps have a more finished look vs. flat as if "color correction" was applied in camera making your shot richer looking.

Very nice!

As some guys mentioned in the Adobe forum, the current version of Premiere Elements 13 only supports 4K video in the XAVC format, but not including MPEG-4 AVC/H.264. In order to edit you DJI 4K in Premiere Elements 13/12/11/10, you’d better transcode your DJI Phantom 3 4K files first to resolve the incompatible problem.
That is some information I have been needing to find. AWESOME!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic