Adjusting Gimbal Roll in Software

A

aerialvisionz

I had my first crash the other day. Oh what is terrible feeling!!

Anyways, I had the change the shell. I also need to replace the vibration plates for the H3-D2 gimbal. Every place I call seems to be out-o- stock, so I used some JB Weld as a temporary solution. Unfortunately with my poor repair job, the plates are not perfectly level and as a result the roll on the gimbal is not level. See attached photo.

I was wondering if there is a way to compensate for this and level the gimbal in the Phantom software.

I guess I could level the final video with video editing software but this would cause some resolution loss.

Many thanks for any thoughts!

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    428 KB · Views: 535
I too crashed the other day (but def not my first) due to a goose attack. Watch the video at https://vimeo.com/88416988
I am having the same problem with the bent plate. Haven't changed things up in the software yet, but I am pretty sure there is a way to do that. Its on my list of things to do this weekend. I also was thinking I would just take a set of pliers and try and re bend it as a last resort. Let me know if you find anything useful or if you found a place that sells the plates. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 10.32.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 10.32.39 AM.png
    537.6 KB · Views: 416
There's no way to do it in software as far as I know. Gimbal needs to be straight. Note you may also have some offset in the yaw axis which will show up as horizon drift.

When I broke the stock one and realized they wanted $80 to replace a flimsy piece of pot metal, I made a temporary bracket out of aluminum which worked well and if you crashed again was easy to remold. Don't fall for 3D printed either unless they've been tested thoroughly. Been there, done that.

cowfur said:
I too crashed the other day (but def not my first) due to a goose attack. Watch the video at https://vimeo.com/88416988
I am having the same problem with the bent plate. Haven't changed things up in the software yet, but I am pretty sure there is a way to do that. Its on my list of things to do this weekend. I also was thinking I would just take a set of pliers and try and re bend it as a last resort. Let me know if you find anything useful or if you found a place that sells the plates. Thanks.
Awesome video. I love how you can see the goose and phantom shadows coming together. I mean I'm sorry you crashed, but that was one of the best crash videos I've seen! What happened to the goose?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj