Adjusting Gains - Fly Faster

Reaction score
I seen a video on YouTube where the P3 is flying really fast @ 46.8mph. Has anyone adjusted the advance Gain settings. Please post what adjustment(s) were made to increase the P3's top speed.

Reactions: Julius717
It's not that simple.
Simply adjusting gains will not increase your Phantom's speed (but it could mess up your flying).
Setting gains is adjusting the sensitivity of your flight controller.
If you want to fly fast, learn about flying in atti mode.

That's not fast I got 49mph out of my stock setting FC40 !! carrying the spec below as well!!

Don't touch the gains unless you are an experienced flyer and know what you're doing. Like @Meta4 said, learn to fly in ATTI.

I flew 36mph last night with a head wind too. I'll post the screen video later when I get home from work.

I seen a video on YouTube where the P3 is flying really fast @ 46.8mph. Has anyone adjusted the advance Gain settings. Please post what adjustment(s) were made to increase the P3's top speed.

As stated above the gains won't affect speed. That's 'tilt angle' which is not user adjustable.

But gains are not to be feared.

Here's more info if you'd like to read up:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Gains_Setting

That's not fast I got 49mph out of my stock setting FC40 !! carrying the spec below as well!!

My fc40 is the fastest of all my phantoms due to the fact that dji never clipped the speed limit and the tilt angle on thec40s and p1s. like they did on the p2s and I would assume they also did it on the p3s also. Considering they seem to like to keep the enjoyment level at a minimum.

I've had my Fc40 at 68mph in atti mode. and cant even bust out more then about 40 ish on any of my visions or p2 even in atti. and the return to home speed on them is real sluggish. which I really dont like being it some times is only as fast as 19mph and if there is any any wind in its face when its returning its even slower. Last week I was flying and it started to get real windy out right after I took off. and my p2 was only going 1.1 mph in RTH and was making me real nerviness that it wasn't going to make it back before the battery died so I had to flip it in to atti and just be confidant it was pointed towards home and gave it full right stick forward intill it was back closer to me.

My fc40 is the fastest of all my phantoms due to the fact that dji never clipped the speed limit and the tilt angle on thec40s and p1s. like they did on the p2s and I would assume they also did it on the p3s also. Considering they seem to like to keep the enjoyment level at a minimum.

I've had my Fc40 at 68mph in atti mode. and cant even bust out more then about 40 ish on any of my visions or p2 even in atti. and the return to home speed on them is real sluggish. which I really dont like being it some times is only as fast as 19mph and if there is any any wind in its face when its returning its even slower. Last week I was flying and it started to get real windy out right after I took off. and my p2 was only going 1.1 mph in RTH and was making me real nerviness that it wasn't going to make it back before the battery died so I had to flip it in to atti and just be confidant it was pointed towards home and gave it full right stick forward intill it was back closer to me.
I've had my V+ up to 61mph in atti with a decent tail wind. The RTH thing is overrated not only because it's slow as s***, but also because it can be accomplished w/o the speed governor by using HL and pulling the stick.

I got up to 59mph with my Phantom 2 one day, the wind at my back. Yes, 59mph!

I've had my V+ up to 61mph in atti with a decent tail wind.

Well with some tail wind pushing you along I can see that. Tho i did not know that it went any faster in HL then it did in RTH. Tho I haven't used HL much on any of my p2s being I never really liked it that much or found it as reliable as others do any time I tried it out in the past on the FC40. Tho now I think i should try it out some more and maybe it might be useful for some thing after all.

I used HL on my P2V all the time, a great time saver, especially if the bird is out of sight with the sun on your screen, just hit HL and pull back on the stick and she zooms back to you. I hope they get it added to IOC on the P3 soon.

I flew out against the wind and hit return to home when video was getting iffy. It returned like a scalded dog with the wind at it's back. I know what you mean though. Flys fast in the wind

Hello All,

Wow, thank you for all the comments. I'll try flying in ATT mode and see what MPH I get up to.

Last year I was reading a similar thread on the P2V forum and decided to try out my speeds. First, I flew in GPS mode and got about 35mph. I brought it back and put it in ATTI mode. Sent it out and looked into my screen. I glanced up just in time to see it fly into the lake! You see on the P2V, it doesn't hold altitude in Atti mod. I lost the camera and battery. After some time I also lost the motors and the Naza module.

I decided it wasn't a racing craft, but a flying camera.

I don't know if the ATTI mode is the same on the P3 but please be careful.

Geo

record speed.jpg
record speed V+.JPG

They are some pretty impressive speeds..But it makes me wonder what version firmware they are using. Because the last few versions out killed the speeds on my p2s

They are some pretty impressive speeds..But it makes me wonder what version firmware they are using. Because the last few versions out killed the speeds on my p2s
Tail wind in ATTI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic