adjusting camera settings

Reaction score
Hi,
Just beginning to explore my P3P as an addition to my P2 aerial real estate photo business.
I have noticed the stills seem to have way too much contrast and are somewhat dark. Is there a way on the fly to adjust the settings as when I tried to raise the iso it was just over exposed; not compensated with a faster shutter. Also I shoot in Jpeg plus DNG so as to have the best opportunity to adjust in post. Have noticed the DNG pics seem to be the same as the jped in terms of too much contrast and cver saturated color. I thought most RAW formats were mostly flat and adjusted in post.

Thanks for any advice

Tom

There is both Auto and Manual mode. In Auto mode if you turn the right wheel it will just adjust the exposure compensation and you can see the EV value on top right in Pilot App.
In manual mode you can control the ISO and Shutter. The right wheel can be pressed like a button and this toggles between adjusting ISO and Shutter.

Yes, they can be adjusted on the fly. Tap the icon near the upper right of the app that looks like a camera with a gear on top to bring up a lot of options. Also switch between manual and auto exposure mode with the icon on the lower right that looks like 3 lines with dots on them. If that icon has a blue background, you are in manual mode. If black, auto mode. When in manual mode, a small window pops up that allows you to select ISO or shutter speed. You are supposed to be able to swipe that window left to get rid of it while remaining in manual mode (blue icon) but that only works sometimes for me. Re-tapping the closes the small window and switches back to Auto.

tom3holer, this video might be helpful:

Reactions: TV Director Harb
An interesting observation today. While experimenting with the HDR camera settings, I found that when I take a picture, the Pilot app drops contact with the quad for about 5 seconds, has anyone else experienced this event?

I THINK IT IS JUST ABOUT EXTREME PROCESSING TIME WITH SEVERAL EV SETTINGS???

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20