Ading extra video feed to a Phantom 2 Vision?

N

Noël

Only one day old (Friday the 13th) and already trying new things :/

I've got an "old" 1.3GHz 800mW FPV video transmitter here that I would like to use for an extra live video feed.
The transmitter is small (only 5cm by 2.5cm by 0.8cm), and weight about nothing.
I've also got lot's of different small camera's that I can use with it.
Power can be a 9 volt battery. With this power will be around 25dBm (+/-400mW)

The 1.3GHz "should" not interfere with the Visions frequency, but the extra payload (TX, Camera and battery) might!
I'm also not sure what +/-400mW being so close to the Visions electronica will do.
The antenna will be hanging underneath the Vision (it's a bit of coax tuned for the 1.3GHz band).

Obviously the flight time will be reduced.

Anyone here with a setup like this, or any experience with extra payload on a Vision?

Noël said:
Only one day old (Friday the 13th) and already trying new things :/

I've got an "old" 1.3GHz 800mW FPV video transmitter here that I would like to use for an extra live video feed.
The transmitter is small (only 5cm by 2.5cm by 0.8cm), and weight about nothing.
I've also got lot's of different small camera's that I can use with it.
Power can be a 9 volt battery. With this power will be around 25dBm (+/-400mW)

The 1.3GHz "should" not interfere with the Visions frequency, but the extra payload (TX, Camera and battery) might!
I'm also not sure what +/-400mW being so close to the Visions electronica will do.
The antenna will be hanging underneath the Vision (it's a bit of coax tuned for the 1.3GHz band).

Obviously the flight time will be reduced.

Anyone here with a setup like this, or any experience with extra payload on a Vision?

The added weight will not be a problem at all and I wouldn't be too concerned about the 1.3ghz video transmitter interfering with either the control tx or video feed. You should be good to go if you want to give this setup a try.

Thank you for the info,

I'm going to give it a go as soon as we get some better weather here.

I'll keep you posted.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20