Additional taxes and duties

Reaction score
Hello,

My phantom is currently stucked at customs, they want me to pay additional 300e, so that would make total price about 1500e. On DJI FAQ there is stated following:

Are There Any Additional Fees Involved In International Shipping?

Shipping costs include VAT and duties, but if the delivery address is changed through the courier this will incur additional charges. These charges will be paid by the recipient.

So DJI should pay taxes and duties through DHL. Am I right? Because If not, that is super expensive and I would rather buy it from Europe resseller if I knew it.

My shipment from China (DJI) arrived last night to Finland. This morning I received an text message, where DHL asked about my id, because of the custom declaration. DJI paid all the taxes and duties when they made the shipment on friday via DHL, so hopefully I will get my new copter tomorrow.

So no additional fees or import taxes. Total price of 1208,51 euros shipped home (with extra battery). :)

That is a shame but expected, we pay 15% import tax on goods over and including $400.00, if I buy locally that price is of course built in as the advertised purchase price, I don't think you can expect DJI to consider this myself as it changes with each country.

jonzalez

I paid same price 1208e to Czech Republic so it has to be almost same, what ID they asked about ? Also local reseller selling this now for about 1110e. I bought it directly from DJI.COM because I thought that it will be quickest, then those delays happened, so 1200e ok but 1500e thats crazy, I sent mail on support but everyone knows how reliable their support is, they will respond after 4-5 days. I also opening dispute on paypal now and they will have to refund that extra expense, otherwise im considering return and full fefund and buy it locally and even save money.

fire2fire2fire, in your case there must be some mistake, because this 1208,51 euros includes all the taxes, duties and shipping, so you should not have to pay any extra. I just emailed my social security number for the DHL, so they could get it through the customs. DJI paid already all the taxes and duties when they shipped the package, so now my drone has already gone through the customs and is on it's way to up north here in Finland.

Wow, I would love love to see your videos of Finland, will you post them on Youtube or something? I plan on visiting there one day.

jonzalez said:
My shipment from China (DJI) arrived last night to Finland. This morning I received an text message, where DHL asked about my id, because of the custom declaration. DJI paid all the taxes and duties when they made the shipment on friday via DHL, so hopefully I will get my new copter tomorrow.

So no additional fees or import taxes. Total price of 1208,51 euros shipped home (with extra battery). :)

AnselA said:
jonzalez said:

Which Phantom did you buy?
It will be the plus.
I have just bought one in the UK with extra battery for £965 - about €1175
There is limited stock at the moment though from dealers.

Didnt pay any extra yet, I am waiting for their statement at paypal dispute. This really pissing me off, my phantom is alone in cold warehouse with no one to talk.

I got same. Received hour ago phone call that i need to pay extra tax and vat. Some mostake? I hope when its finally arrive to aiport in my country everything will be clarified. Is there anything i can do to make my customs sure that all taxes have been paid?

"general" principle in European Union countries is that for imports outside of EU, importer pays taxes (VAT and customs). If you buy from other EU country and the price includes VAT, you don't need to pay VAT any more. The case of this discussion: import from China to Finland or Poland, some body (seller, DHL, UPS, etc. byer) takes care of the payments. VAT in Poland is 23% and 24% in Finland, so there's not much difference. If the courier service provider takes care of payments, they don't pay from their own pockets... finally end user pays for all...

I got mine delivered yesterday and DHL had the documents with the shipment, that all the taxes and duties were paid by DJI. Now charging for the first flight. :)

mchrol said:
I got same. Received hour ago phone call that i need to pay extra tax and vat. Some mostake? I hope when its finally arrive to aiport in my country everything will be clarified. Is there anything i can do to make my customs sure that all taxes have been paid?

This was probably genuine, but I have had an incident where a seller (I won't name) emailed me asking for 'additional fees and duty' even though the original prices stated all were included.
I sent back a very strongly worded email and have heard nothing since, the item arrived the following day with no documentation implying unpaid charges.
I think some are unscrupulous enough to use this like a scam, some will pay as they do not want to hold up the anticipated item.

Hey, the funny thing is that I sent 2 mails to support and opened disupute on paypal and no contact from them whatsoever. DJI no longer cares about their reversed money. I was expecting like no respond to mails as usually but also expecting quick response when reversed funds on paypal. The only response they had was after DHL contacted them to pay VAT and duty. They just dont care. lol

I just received a note in my mail box from DHL asking me to pay the tax!

Like the rest of you I thought this was all included and confirmed when viewing the FAQ on DJI's website.

Anyone know how to get my new friend released from the warehouse without paying this "extra"?

Cheers

Have anyone tried this into Norway?
Order from DJI, without having to pay for extra taxes?

Norway have to be the most expensive country in the World!!

Hi guys,

I contacted DJI sales and they were very responsive (took less than 1 hr to reply), it was via email.

They confirmed that the price you pay on their website includes all taxes and VAT and that DHL should not have asked the receiver to pay. The sender (DJI) paid everything upfront.

DJI contacted DHL with the tracking number and asked them to amend it.

I spoke with DHL and they will now re-deliver it without asking for any extra money from me! Happy days....

I accepted to pay the taxes to DHL when they get into my country with the package but after reading this topic i am really nervous .... do somebody recovered the money from DJI after they payed to DHL ? ... i hope if i will send them the bill they will send me the money back to my paypal account ... they should pay them before to send me the box.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik