adding telemetry data to video

Reaction score
Is there a way to have the telemetry data show up on the actual recorded video? I have poked around in the app and didn't see anything.

the main way is use Flytrex which saves all the flight info, them edit it onto the video afterwards using a program like dashware

Download the vision utility plus app for $12 and that saves the data.. then you use dashware to display data with your videos.

Am I reading correctly that flytrex requires you to buy additional hardware, or do you just download the app?

you need additional hardware.. flytrex core, flytrex live or flytrex live 3g.. As long as you say withing wifi range, the vision utility plus works pretty well.

One more question, if you use the vision utility plus application, do you use that in addition to the standard vision+ app, or does it replace it?

Is this the app you are speaking of?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision+ ... 18291?mt=8

It is listed at 8.99 but really hate plopping down more than .99 for something I'm not sure about.

I plan on going the Flytrex route later on down the road, but I'm still sucking up to the wife for spending what I did for the aircraft, extra battery, and hardshell case! (Many honey-do's due before another major purchase)

Thanks,
Couchie

I use free screen grabbing software to record the fpv vision screen on my galaxy s5 for every flight. I can then play the video back direct from my smartphone or copy the video file to my notebook and use my pc video editor to include the smartphone fpv video as an inset on my dji video. I find it very useful for analysing all the flight parameters in slow time after the flight.

The software I found is available on google play. It is call MOBIZEN and it works well on modern Android phones. I find it a very useful app to have and it is very easy to use. Don't think there is a version for iphones though.....

To see it in action look at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0yco737jnhin ... r.mp4?dl=0

The three mobizen buttons on the screen can be reduced to one semi opaque one by the way.

Dartmoor Dave said:
The software I found is available on google play. It is call MOBIZEN

Well I couldn't get it to run on my Nexus 5. Which is probably a good thing. Before it crashed I was reading the terms and conditions and permissions. Wow. Just. Wow. Looks like they send your entire life to a server in Korea somewhere then spam you forever. And that's just the warm-up. This app controls your mic, your camera, your SMS, your contacts... yikes. No thanks!

Flytrex.com as mentioned above could be your best option.

For i0S the Vision + Utility would be the app to you want. The app is not yet compatible for i0S 8.

For Android the Vision + Utility Pro is the one. It does cost sub $9. which is what we all have had to pay.

Dashware.com is the hot ticket for rest of what you need. There is a number of us on here that use both options above with dashware. I use both each time and I don't know of anyone else that does. There is more flytrex users for obvious reasons. One key thing that needs shared, and that is with dashware there is a lot more gauges setup to work with flytrex then with V+UP. Most aspects of the flytrex built gauges work with V+UP, just not all of them. Btw, it takes me around 3hrs minimum to put together a video. But it all depends on what you want in your vid's.

First i want to say 'thank you' to those of you more patient, much more experienced pilots in sharing your info and helping us rookies to save time, money, and mistakes.

Second, i was so motivated to get this going this morning that I have already DL'd the Vision + Utility app to both my iPhone and iPad (iPhone app, but will work on the iPad).

I went looking for Dashware. I found it at http://www.dashware.net/. I was getting excited! Then I went to the Download DashWare & Gauges page only to get sent into tailspin!

Thank you for your interest in DashWare. We decided to temporarily disable downloads and new sales in order to focus on our next release. Existing users can upgrade to the latest version of DashWare here.

We look forward to surprising you soon,

The DashWare Team

I fell to my knees, face hidden in my hands, and started whining, "Noooooooo!"

Ok, maybe not that bad, but dang it!

For those of you out there who are where i am and itching to try this out, Dashware has a free 30 day trial. You can still download the latest version of the software http://www.dashware.net/release-notes/. The only caviat is that there will be a large watermark on your video when you finalize it. At least we can play with the software until the next version comes out!

Couchie

I just ordered my flytrex. I think I am going to try using racerender instead of dashware, as they have a native Mac application. I haven't played with it yet, but it might be worth checking out vs dashware.

Richie,

Are you sure racerender will give you elevation, glide slope and other aviation relevant data? It looks more like it is fine tuned for cars as opposed to aviation.

Just my two cents worth.

I'm not sure, but I think so. Once I get my flytrex in and some data to work with I will update and let you know.

I'm also a Mac guy and bummed that there is no Dashware for Mac.

But the good news is that RaceRender ain't too shabby! Here's a flight I post-processed with RaceRender 3 using Flytrex Core2 data. The number of non-automobile gauges is limited, but you can still cobble together a decent instrument display.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFbEXf1ss8E[/youtube]

Ok, so I set out last night to use the Vision+ Utility app. I fire it up just like the directions say, flip the 'switch' to Enable Logger, flip over to the DJI Vision App to fly and head out the door to cruise around for a little bit.

A few hickups I ran into, and i'm only posting to hopefully help others somewhere down the road....

I'm using an iPhone 5 runing iOS 7.1. No problems there. I'm very familiar with the file systems of phones as I am a certified cell phone forensics examiner. I navigate to the app's folder when I get back in the house (Yes, I overcomplicated the issue, as usual) and didn't find the .csv file I thought should be there. So I start digging around the web for help. I found this video that helped a lot:

[youtube]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vision+ ... 18291?mt=8[/youtube]

Only issue, the file was not where it is supposed to be. My dilema is to find out where it went if it isn't there. I never found the .csv file, but found that when I put an image in the Documents folder of the app, it showed up just like the .csv file should in iTunes.

My trouble-shooting has lead me now to where I need to figure out why I am not getting the data dumped to my phone. I'm off to the wild dark yonder to play with this some more tonight to see if I can get this figured out.

I'll update as I get any positive results! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20