Adding STROBON strobes (need advice)

Reaction score
I'm attempting to install two strobon strobe lights to my P2+V3. With that said, where do most pick up power for the lights? I have read that a standalone battery box is one option and also a power cable located under the hood is an option. I am interested how others get their power. I'm new and not sure if I need to be under the hood doing anything, but, if all it entails is one single power connection, I think I could work with that. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry is this has been addressed before, I just can't find much on this.

Thanks

You can tap the power off any of the ESC power connections. You can run the wires out the remaining hole that isn't used by the receiver antenna wires or the compass cable.

Warning: the battery power is 12V on the Phantom. If your light is 5V, you'll need a DC/DC converter (aka BEC) to bring down the voltage.

I've seen one of these lights that can be powered by a servo cable. If so, just hook up the servo cable to one of the unused output ports on the FC. Don't actually hook up the signal wire; just the power & ground.

I did order the strobes with the servo cable attached. The lights are rated for 5-6 vdc. If I hook up to a port on the FC, do I need the converter or should it power up when the aircraft is powered on?

The flight controller supplies +5.5V on the output power pins. Should light up when turned on.

Thanks for the info. Will probably make the modification this weekend. I do appreciate your info.

Jeremy,

Why wait?

Just Google STROBON.

You'll find it and other models ;) no prob.

It didnt connect with me that Strobon was the brand.... It's still to early here.

Thx !!

Jeremyconk said:
It didnt connect with me that Strobon was the brand.... It's still to early here.

Thx !!
so how do you attach it to the bird? And will 9v work as a power source?

I found some here:

http://www.flytron.com/light-systems/99-strobon-navigation-strobe-light.html#/output_type-with_wires5gr

I really like the visibility they provide to the craft! I would like two just for the flying right before darkness (since we're asked NOT to fly at night) ;)

Doing my research now... Gotta have some of those!

I have an order in with Flytron also..shipped A few days ago. I will be mounting them permanently with onboard power after my warranty runs out. I don't want to mess that up. I will temporary mount with an external battery prior to the permanent install until warranty is out.

I have been using these for a year or so. I put a red one on the front and a green one on the rear of my quad or hex. They are far superior to led's in the daylight for orientation. They need 4-6 volts and will self destruct if the improper voltage is applied. I install them using a small piece of double sided sticky tape any where I want them. They can typically be plugged into an open channel on a receiver or a 4-6 volt source on the naza. I have my 450's set up so they are plugged into the receiver so I can turn them on and off.

5390495_orig.jpg

1622012_orig.jpg

rickasaurus said:
I ordered mine from Flytron in UK. They shipped them the same day! USD6.97

http://www.flytron.com/light-systems/99 ... light.html

You do know that the $6.97 price is WITHOUT the wire, right? I was digging around and saw that. The site shows the strobes w/wires are $9.49.

Unless you know something I don't... which is entirely possible!

Plan on using an extra channel to power mine... I hope!

I am really liking this kit: http://www.flytron.com/light-systems/21 ... -pack.html

Anyone have these mounted on a P2V+? Just looking for ideas how to mount them....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd