Adding Strobes to DSLR Pro phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi,
New guy here. I purchased a DSLR pro Phantom 2 fitted out with a Futaba upgraded radio. An 8FG transmitter. I want to add a a set of strobe lights, there are four switches free on the transmitter that are unused. Is there a way to use a spare switch to turn some strobes on and off? Any ideas will help.

thanks.

I have the same radio. I added Flytron strobes and put them on channel 8 on the Futaba to turn them on and off. You can assign the channel to any unused switch or dial. They can be powered right off the S.Bus connector.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxI4auJnIwQ[/youtube]

Hi, Thanks,

First off I though that was a 7 channel radio. LOL shows you how clueless I am. I would need details on how to do that. What jack and where to plug it in. all I see is the DJI receiver. so far DSLR has not gotten back to me. if you want to email me directly feel free [email protected]

I have been looking to get some strobes on my P2. I have the Futaba T8FGS but I am still using the Stock P2 Receiver. I assume you can't hook them up switched on by the 8FGS using the P2 Receiver right?

Yea so far no luck. I think most people who have done something like what we want to do have a futaba receiver installed. I to am using the stock P2 receiver. Help Guys!

Xrover said:
I have been looking to get some strobes on my P2. I have the Futaba T8FGS but I am still using the Stock P2 Receiver. I assume you can't hook them up switched on by the 8FGS usung the P2 Receiver right?

Hey Ian,
DO you have any pictures of the install of the strobes? I have some in transit from Flytron, and need to start thinking about mounting locations....
Thanks,

It's super simple. Take a servo cable, snip it and then solder the three leads to the three pads on the Flytron board(s). Plug the servo cable into channel 8 on the Futaba receiver, assign channel 8 to a control on the RC and away you go. If you got the separate driver boards and LEDs like I did, you need to use a different driver board for each different color of LED.

its super simple if you have a futaba receiver. if you have the dji receiver there is no port or channel 8 to use. that's the issue Im finding out. lol

ianwood said:
It's super simple. Take a servo cable, snip it and then solder the three leads to the three pads on the Flytron board(s). Plug the servo cable into channel 8 on the Futaba receiver, assign channel 8 to a control on the RC and away you go. If you got the separate driver boards and LEDs like I did, you need to use a different driver board for each different color of LED.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic