Adding SDK and Wifi from P2V to P2

Reaction score
Hello, I've seen a few threads about people adding H3-3D and GoPros to their P2Vs, but is it possible to kinda do the opposite? I'm trying to add a 'follow me' feature, and the only way I've seen it is with the SDK installed. This comes with the Vision, but not the regular P2. Is it possible to add this to the P2?

Thanks!

Hello, I've seen a few threads about people adding H3-3D and GoPros to their P2Vs, but is it possible to kinda do the opposite? I'm trying to add a 'follow me' feature, and the only way I've seen it is with the SDK installed. This comes with the Vision, but not the regular P2. Is it possible to add this to the P2?

Thanks!

You realize that the P2 vision has wifi module next to the Naza module and that the receiver/controller operate on 5.8Ghz frequency and the P2 NV uses 2.4Ghz frequency.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I realize this and also understand I'd need the controller end sorted out. Is the only difference the WIFI module? Also, how would the SDK get installed to the Phantom?

I turned a p2 v2.0 non vision into a p2 vision plus. Wouldn't really recommend it. It was just a project and In the end it would have been easier and less expensive to just buy a p2v+ But I had the nv p2 laying around so I went to work

So do you have the SDK now? And what was required to add in order to get it?

Thanks!

As kminton327 said buy a P2 vision. The price for a new one from b&hphotovideo.com is $689.00 and used is $569.95 then just swap over the H3-3D gimbal and GP camera and you'll have the what you want. I do have the info on how to do the wire conversion.

Between the vision plus camera and wifi module alone you are right around the price of a new vision plus from b&h. And that is buying used parts!!!! Unless you already have parts on hand, buying a complete p2 vision plus is the way to go and you end up having a second phantom for around the same price if you piece everything together. If you keep an eye on the classifieds on here, hutch sells usedp2v+ for $500 and after all the searching I have done the last 3-4 months that is the least expensive you will find and it comes with everything. Vision plus parts, even used, are over priced at the moment and people are making a killing parting out phantoms.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4