Adding in interior videography: opinions on hand-held gimbal devices?

Reaction score
Hi! For doing smooth indoor "walk-thrus" of a property for sale, would you use something like an Osmo or a Ronin? Or a a handheld gimbal that would hold a cell phone with a higher quality camera (ie: iPhone 12 Max Pro)? And don't laugh, would you consider walking your drone thru the property since it already has a nice gimbal and camera?

The DJI Pocket 2 is all in one (it has everything needed) and is very portable for $349: Buy DJI Pocket 2 - DJI Store
Would you recommend something like that?

Thank you for any and all ideas and suggestions!

I use a Zhiyun Smooth Q handheld gimbal for my iPhone X. It works great and costs less than the DJI Pocket 2.

Reactions: shuggins
I have actually used both

Thanks for the feedback! So, anyone that has used Osmo Pocket 2 (or even original Pocket)... do you see any reason the camera that comes with Pocket series is good enough to want it over a Gimbal that is to be used with your smart phone? Again, thanks for reading this.

It depends on what phone you have and it's capabilities and resolution. More important is the field of view of the lens. You want a wider field of view for real estate interiors. The Osmo pocket 2 has a fairly wide lens and has gotten great reviews. You can buy a wide angle adaptor for certain phones, so if you want to spend the money, go for the Osmo or if you have an iPhone 12 Pro it has a wide lens built in, I have shot commercials in 4K with it, it is very capable of providing a broadcast quality image. If not a wide angle adaptor for your phone may be enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic