Adding GPS to non-GPS iPad

Reaction score
I can 100% confirm the dual blutooth gps addon for non gps tablets works with the Phantom Follow me feature. Works very well indeed. I have the non cellular ipad mini 2, but the dual gps works and have had my Phantom 3 follow me with my non gps ipad 2.

What you got to do is pair it with blutooth and have the dual gps app running in the background, so pair it on your tablet, run the dual app, when you see it has satelite connection, leave the app running, start the dji go pilot and then follow me will work 100%.

If you don't have the dual app running in the background follow me won't work with the dual gps. It must be run and left running in the background for it to work.

Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Today’s Most Popular Handheld Devices | Dual Electronics

I can 100% confirm the dual blutooth gps addon for non gps tablets works with the Phantom Follow me feature. Works very well indeed. I have the non cellular ipad mini 2, but the dual gps works and have had my Phantom 3 follow me with my non gps ipad 2.

What you got to do is pair it with blutooth and have the dual gps app running in the background, so pair it on your tablet, run the dual app, when you see it has satelite connection, leave the app running, start the dji go pilot and then follow me will work 100%.

If you don't have the dual app running in the background follow me won't work with the dual gps. It must be run and left running in the background for it to work.

Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Today’s Most Popular Handheld Devices | Dual Electronics
What the difference between the XGPS150A and the XGPS150 (without the A) ?? other than 5 dollars on Amazon?

Outstanding !

I have wanted to try the Dual GPS Rx with my wi fi only Mini and you have answered both of my questions:

Does it really work with t the FM mode - Yes.

And, how to use the supplied app.--run it in the background.

Thanks !!

:harry

Yes you must have the app running in background, else found out follow me does not work, even though it will pair with blutooth, without running the app.

I am so pleased, no need to upgrade to the cellular ipad. Also as far as I know, as yet the dual gps is the only one that works with the phantom

I am so pleased, no need to upgrade to the cellular ipad. Also as far as I know, as yet the dual gps is the only one that works with the phantom
Several have been reported to work this week. The Garmin GLO for instance was in a thread this week. Also I think the Bad Elf and also the Dual.

Reactions: JoBe

very cool I almost bought the ipad air 2 for the cellular part.. I already have the ipad air with out the cellular.. so this will also work for using as home point on the ipad as well? I actually am searching on how to do that as well.

Phew, got my SkyPro 160 arriving today. Thanks for the tip of running the app in the background. I'd have thought that this wouldn't be needed once the Duel had paired with my iPad Air. Would have left me scratching my head.

200$ australian for the bluetooth gps receiver - I might just buy the Lenovo tab for $100 Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10 7" Tablet
It maybe nit vwry good. Very few android tablets accually work well, this is why I got an ipad mini 2 after reading the crap performance android usually has with the go pilot app.

I usually love android, but when it comes to the phantom apple works better in most cases.

Reactions: sonof40
Well over here in New Zealand the cellular version cost $200 more. When I got my Dual gps was $170 nz, so saved myself $30. Sure not a big saving, but got the wifi version only and later wished I got the cellular version, but this way I did save a little and you don't always need gps, only need it for follow me, so a good solution if you don't have the gps version. So this option allows gps only when and if you need it. Could not justify spending another $200 on a feature I hardly use, so the solution a gps addon.

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik