Adding gopro camera on phantom vision

Reaction score
Hi all

Planning to fix a gopro camera on my phantom vision , I will be glade if you share with me your experience and thoughts on this matter, which cost effective gimbal to use if I want to run both cameras (vision &Gopro) simultaneously?

Thanks

You won't be able to mount a gopro gimbal in addition to the Vision camera/mount, both due to size and weight restrictions. You can probably get a gopro mounted on a Vision with a simple bracket or even just Velcro, but there's not really enough room or payload capacity remaining on the Vision for what you want to do.

I'd like to ask a dissimilar, but related question here...

I just bought my first quad yesterday (yep, the PV2) and it will be delivered tomorrow - so, of course, all this is just "in theory".

I believe that the PV2's standard camera has WiFi and most of the other "goodies" for FPV built in to it, and relies on the WiFi range extender mounted on the controller to connect to the phone application. If this is the case, would there be any way to use a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition in conjunction with the WiFi range extender instead of the Phantom's stock camera?

I've heard that the GoPro's WiFi itself wouldn't have a very useful range, but haven't heard anything about whether or not it could be used with DJI's range extender? Surely someone has come up with this idea previously and tried it, as it seems like an obvious solution to connect to the GoPro in flight if possible. (If it wasn't for lacking the ability to remotely control video start/stop and picture taking, I'd have considered holding out for the P2 with the 3 axis Zenmuse and also purchased a video downlink with a GoPro.)

You could get rid of the vision gimbal all together and go with a gopro mount. However, you will have to wire it yourself and probably have to do a lot of configuring to get it working correctly.

In terms of using the wifi from the repeater with the wifi from a hero 3+, that wouldn't be possible. The extender only knows to look for the camera it is paired with. DJI made it so pairing is done with a QR code.

If you could generate a QR code with the Hero 3+ MAC address you could see how the extender reacts to that information. But I still don't think that would work.

I mounted a Hero 3 Black Gopro on the back end of my Vision and shot video through the vision camera and then also shot video and stills out of the back end through the Gopro. It works fine for flying and for the pictures from the Gopro but using just a mount attached to the vision causes the video to have a terrible jello effect. If there was some bracket or some way to hook into the plate the vision camera is hooked to, so the same dampening affect the rubber pieces have could be applied to the gopro that would probably fix it. I only flew about 4 minutes like this because I was anxious to see the video and pictures to compare them to the stock vision camera. All I can say at this point is that it worked.

I thought I saw somewhere that someone had a longer plate they got off of Ebay that had 6 rubber dappeners and then they stuck the gopro to the piece that stuck out....I can't find it now.

I wish I could find it, but I remember seeing a post with pics where they added a "plate" to the bottom of the landing gear and mounted the go-pro on the bottom. Obviously a hand-landing/take-off situation but it seemed to work.

jimdenburg said:
I wish I could find it, but I remember seeing a post with pics where they added a "plate" to the bottom of the landing gear and mounted the go-pro on the bottom. Obviously a hand-landing/take-off situation but it seemed to work.
Check the image below :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,566
maybe this way??? you can use the hole from the FC200 cam button (1Screw from inside) and fix a velcro outside.

The original gimbal Motor will carry both (TWINS) in the right Position ;-)))

Attachments

• IMG_20140403_143612.jpg
    IMG_20140403_143612.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 1,472
  • IMG_20140403_143356.jpg
    IMG_20140403_143356.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 1,496
from >>>bmaashari<<< damperplate with fpv Mount

Attachments

• Bild 23.jpg
    Bild 23.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,311
jonasg4 said:
maybe this way??? you can use the hole from the FC200 cam button (1Screw from inside) and fix a velcro outside.

Hows your flying experience and battery duration with the GoPro and vision camera?

Am interested to do this when the GoPro 4 comes out.

doyouevenfly said:
jonasg4 said:

Hows your flying experience and battery duration with the GoPro and vision camera?

Am interested to do this when the GoPro 4 comes out.

Jonas, you pm'ed me, but the forum restricts me from answering your PM, so I'd like to ask you whether your footage is stable? Are you experiencing jello on your GoPro footage?

Thanks a lot ! :)

In my opinion the "Special Mount with the one screw and the strong textil velcro tape is stable. If you want you can also use a other Kind of Fixing strap. So the jello effect is not more as the original fc 200,because it is the same Damper plate ;-)) Ithink you should try it, there is NO changing on the fc 200 Shell required!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4