adding aliminium foil

Reaction score
Hi
I have from time to time some interference on my screen when flying. Would it help to use a thiny aliminium tape on the upper half of the chassie on the drone.
I have Phantom 4 with Ipad mini 4 WIFI.

I was thinking that this perhaps could give stronger signal from the antenna. Just as a bigger antenna for better connection:rolleyes:

A bigger antenna is a terrible idea unless it is resonate. Antennas by design are for one frequency. They will work somewhat at harmonics of that frequency but not as well. A larger antenna lowers the resonate frequency. Also a reflector has to be at the proper distance from the radiating antenna. The Windsurfers and similar parabolic reflectors work great, are cheap, and easy to install and remove.

Good luck.
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
PLUS.......If you added the tin foil without asking for OPINION HERE and it came loose.and got on the rapidly fast spinning props.....that drone would loose its lift...and crash to the ground below...And that could result in personal injury's and private property damages....BOTTOM LINE ! " Never add any thing that you think could eliminate interference" ! Seek the real cause of what you call interference ! and Fly in a different area ! just a few others things to help you trash can the idea in the future too !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.