Adding additional channel

Reaction score
So I wanted to try adding a "Candy Dropper" to my P2.
I have a Futaba 8FGS but it was using the stock P2 reciever.

So after spending countless hours online researching this issue I am still a bit confused.
Since I already have a panning gimbal installed I assumed that all of the available channels were already taken up from the stock receiver. So based on my research I found that my solution was to replace the default P2 receiver with a Futaba R6208 SB receiver.

So I removed the stock P2 receiver and replaced it with a R6208 SB receiver.
After binding it and setting up all of the existing channels 1-7 everything seems to be working fine.

Now I am trying to add the new channel for the "Candy Dropper" and I can't get it to work.

Does anyone of the Phantom 2 experts know who I would set this up?

Based on my reading I thought I put the receiver in mode B (support additional channels) and then plugged the candy dropper cable to channel 1 of the R6208 receiver. The doc indicates that in mode B that channel 2 would be channel 9. So then on my radio I set channel 9 to be controlled by LD.

This does not work.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

So I wanted to try adding a "Candy Dropper" to my P2.
I have a Futaba 8FGS but it was using the stock P2 reciever.

So after spending countless hours online researching this issue I am still a bit confused.
Since I already have a panning gimbal installed I assumed that all of the available channels were already taken up from the stock receiver. So based on my research I found that my solution was to replace the default P2 receiver with a Futaba R6208 SB receiver.

So I removed the stock P2 receiver and replaced it with a R6208 SB receiver.
After binding it and setting up all of the existing channels 1-7 everything seems to be working fine.

Now I am trying to add the new channel for the "Candy Dropper" and I can't get it to work.

Does anyone of the Phantom 2 experts know who I would set this up?

Based on my reading I thought I put the receiver in mode B (support additional channels) and then plugged the candy dropper cable to channel 1 of the R6208 receiver. The doc indicates that in mode B that channel 2 would be channel 9. So then on my radio I set channel 9 to be controlled by LD.

This does not work.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Lots of luck with that.
1) Where are you getting the power from to run the the Candy Dropper//
2) Where are you mounting this on the P2?
3) Have you even taken into consideration the added weight??

Lots of luck with that.
1) Where are you getting the power from to run the the Candy Dropper//
2) Where are you mounting this on the P2?
3) Have you even taken into consideration the added weight??

I appreciate your concerns Jason but do you have any idea how to solve my problem?

1. From the receiver.
2. Attach it to the landing gear.
3. Since I am just dropping parachute men for my kids I am not too concerned about the weight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20