Adding a cooling fan to P3 controller.

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I have been handling a few of controllers recently and noticed that certain spots on the cases of some of them seem to get warm, I have seen heat sinks on some of the main boards but I am wondering about adding a small 5V fan which would draw or blow air in through holes in the case, obviously I would also have to drill outlet holes.
My main concern is the chips on the USB board of GL300A or alternately in the HDMI module.
Googling I have seen 25mm square fans and 15mm square fans with current draws from 0.05A to 0.2A.
Any one have any thoughts?

It would be small lol, used on raspberries I think.
The one on the gimbal of a P3Pro is around 17mm x?(17mm at a guess)

Neither of my controllers get hot. Maybe slightly warm, but I've never noticed. Is yours having a problem?

It's not having problems that I am aware of, the thing is I'd rather head them off before they have a chance to occur.
For what it is worth, these are warm spots not hot spots but bear in mind there is an air gap and plastic between the source of heat and my finger tips.

If you look at the bottom of a v2 controller, it has vent holes.
I’m wondering if, with some thought, you could vent the top and bottom of the other controllers and get rid of some hot. Maybe not a good idea from the contamination aspect.

I was thinking bottom and sides perhaps if natural convection but perhaps just on the bottom if forced fan driven. Like you I'd worry about water and dirt etc, getting in through holes in the top. Which has just made me think that....... I suppose stuff could get sucked in if it's sat on a the ground etc. and the inlet is on the bottom.

Yip you could get flash and drill some vent holes but really should not get warm to hot unless something in there working harder than normal,,I have natural vent hole from previous mod to remote and hole on side where I drop remote,but mine to does not get warm,,,,,you must have the hand warmer turn on lol,,good for cold mornings

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31