Add on lighting

Reaction score
I am surprised I have seen nothing on this topic yet. I am looking to add some external lights to my PV2. I have seen some discussion on this for the P1, but it has a completely different battery and exterior accessibility. I am looking for the easiest way to tap into 12v (actually 11.1v) for the exterior lighting. I have purchased a variety of different lights, from high intensity LED spot lights to lower intensity light strips. I tried tapping from the micro USB port, but it only has 3V. I can see no other easily accessible way to tap into 11-12v. Sure, I can take it apart and find somewhere to tap into but was hoping to make it easier than that. Also, I am thinking of how to utilize the 7th channel to turn the lights on and off, from the control on the rear of the transmitter. Any ideas or suggestions on any of this?

Hi. There is no built-in accessory power lead as there was in the V1. You're going to have to go either self-powered with the lights or get the soldering iron out if you want straight power.

The 7th channel is interesting, as is the unused port on the main board marked "Zenmuse". If that's live in the Vision then you might get some voltage out of that, regulated to whatever it is the Zenmuse needs. The dronexpert.nl gimbal is using the 7th channel to tilt the camera, so once the early adopters have those in hand they should give us some clues as to how the 7th channel is used in the Vision and whether you can adapt it to your needs.

Interesting project, though - keep us posted.

A potential source of power for external lights may be available from the camera jack plug although I haven't measured what voltage is available there yet. Using a Y splitter you could plug in the lights in the second jack socket. I had a quick look on Amazon but could only find 3.5mm three pole splitters but the P2V camera jack is a four pole.

Anxiously awaiting a solution to this very question what burns my brain as well.

Honestly, I was quite surprised to learn there is no accessory power lead like the Phantom V1.

Colored lights that are very bright will have an adverse affect on your video if filming at night. The red lights already give everything a red look.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4