add me to the mishap list!!

Reaction score
image.jpeg
hot-dogging today and clipped a tree. worst feeling is watching the quad drop and hit the ground. luckily only broke the gimble. i dont see any cracks in the shell. i will most likely discard the props just in case. i was able to grab a replacement gimble from the local hobby shop and will now repair and get back in the air. coulda been a lot worse- at least im not stuck in the tree.

i am a little worried about possible damage to the lightbridge area of the quad but will have to wait until after repairs to verify all is good.

so sorry to see that hope you get it fixed and back flying

As your VPS cover looks ok, I believe you should be ok with light bridge.

Good to know alokbhargava. You can see the crease where the gimble hit. I have already replaced the gimble and updated the camera. Right now i am doing an imu calibration. After that finishes i will head out and do a test flight.
Fingers crossed!

well- all fixed. took a nice safe flight around the yard. did multiple take off and landings. went about 100' hovered for a bit then did some basic flight moves. didnt push it too hard just in case. recharging batteries and will take it out again later and stretch her legs and let her fly.

Reactions: SirAchie
:):):):p

View attachment 51880 hot-dogging today and clipped a tree. worst feeling is watching the quad drop and hit the ground. luckily only broke the gimble. i dont see any cracks in the shell. i will most likely discard the props just in case. i was able to grab a replacement gimble from the local hobby shop and will now repair and get back in the air. coulda been a lot worse- at least im not stuck in the tree.

i am a little worried about possible damage to the lightbridge area of the quad but will have to wait until after repairs to verify all is good.

Exact same thing happened to me about two months ago - got too close to a tree. Broken yaw arm and torn flat cable. Replaced both and everything works just like new. I hope you have the same good fortune. I try to be a bit more careful now!

Yeah drm- i feel a little gun shy. Staying close to home for the time being.
So far so good though- everything seems to be operating with no problems. No errors or weird beeps. It was an easy fix though.

Yeah thats what the guy at the hobby shop said as well. He told me to make sure it was ok- due to the damage on the housing where the camera hit. I didnt take it apart but i would think there is some space between any boards/components and the housing. I have not had any connection issues in 3 flights now. But i havnt gone further away that a couple of hundred feet. I think if there was damage i would be getting errors and connection issues with the rc. But so far/so good. (Knock on wood).

So your saying that the LightBridge radio is in the same compartment as the VPS? Good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Light bridge is one layer below VPS.

image.jpeg
Here is a pic i found today trying to see how much space is around the boards. Here is the vision positioning module and ofdm module. Pricey little box!

Lucky guy. Also, look up and there are some stronger 3rd party 3d printed gimbal replacements and such as well.

I now have two p3ps because of my first crash. I'm retarded*, though, and threw away the broken pieces of the camera that completely broke off. Later I learned that for $120 I could have had it completely fixed with after-market parts instead of buying another craft.

*generic term for "autistic" I'm taking back

Just an update: took the repaired p3a for 2 good flights.
First flight: 19198' flight distance, 395' height, top speed 37.4mph.
Second flight: 25879' flight distance, 399' height, top speed 34.9mph.
Everything seems to be working just fine. I had no errors or issues.
The only thing i need to do now is loosen the top of the shell and tuck in a couple of tabs that popped out. And get the top amd bottom shell lined up all the way around.
Does anyone know what size the 4 star screws are to seperate the shell?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20