Add GoPro to P2V+

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a P2V+, and a GoPro. The P2V+ has the built in camera with the gimbal.

Can I simply add a GoPro (using the adhesive mount) to the 'back' - behind the camera? Even though it would be pointing backwards... Or would this affect the weight of the P2V too much?

I've seen GoPro gimbals. Is it a easy swap to put in the GoPro gimbal?

I switched to a Gopro hero4 black with h4-3D gimbal and love it! Much better than vision+ camera. Read that post above and let me know if you have any questions.

Ok, I'm not good with stuff like that, but have a coworker friend who is. How hard is the replacement? Just a few screws and disconnect some wires or is it more involved?

Ok, I'm not good with stuff like that, but have a coworker friend who is. How hard is the replacement? Just a few screws and disconnect some wires or is it more involved?

All plug and play.

I'm not really happy with the video quality on the P2V+, is it possible to swap out it's gimbal/camera for the Zenmuse H4-3D without soldering or using the quick release add-on? if so, does it have full functionality with the DJI Vision app?

You almost have full functionality with the DJI Vision app. The only functions that are missing is the ability to change camera settings and start stop recording.

I set my gopro 3+BE to 1080p@30fps and simultaneous stills at 5 sec intervals. Hit record and take off.
If you have the 4 black with 4k, you can just record and extract a frame if you need an image.

Its the best of both worlds as you now have a good quality camera with 2 way communications with the phantom (you can do ground station with a Gopro).

so I guess the quick release is the best solution if you want full functionality?

so I guess the quick release is the best solution if you want full functionality?

No - you will never get control of the Gopro Settings via the DJI app. The gopro just acts as the eyes to the DJI app. This is both in Quickrealease and RCgroup hack.
The quick release just makes it swappable between your stock camera and the gopro+h33d.

If you are like me and take 90% aerial video and don't take many pics, then sell the vision plus camera and do the RCgroup hack.

If you are deciding on the DE quick release, then sell the phantom v+ and get a P3.
Think about it...
The quick release is $350.
You need 2 plates $100, 1 for the plus and 1 for the gopro.
Zenmuse H33d is $400.
And then a Gopro (shouldn't be factored as you can use for other purposes).
All prices are rough estimates and in AUD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic