Add FLIR to your drone for Christmas!

Reaction score
Here ya go! To bad it doesn't plug right into the P3's camera connectors. Don't know if it bolts up directly to the gimble mount, that would be great too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw this a while ago. Isn't the resolution around VHS level?

If they ever put this out in 4k with a massive zoom on it like the police helicopters have. Then people are going to be way, way creeped out over drones more so than the public is already.

But on the other hand this is good news for 'big foot hunters'.

I'd be more interested in strapping a Flir One camera + phone to a P3 and seeing how that works first.

The Vue is cool, but pretty expensive.

Saw this a while ago. Isn't the resolution around VHS level?

If they ever put this out in 4k with a massive zoom on it like the police helicopters have. Then people are going to be way, way creeped out over drones more so than the public is already.

But on the other hand this is good news for 'big foot hunters'.

With FLIR cameras you blend the low resolution heatmap over top of the original image. I think the highest resolution FLIR in existence is around 800x600 for heat resolution.

Do any of you guys know if anyone has come up with a way to integrate the FLIR vue with a P3P? I am wanting to use one for wildlife surveys at night on my ranch. Would also like to use it during the day for survey/mapping work using the stock Sony camera that comes with the P3P. That said it would be great to be able to switch between both day and night sensors/cameras quickly in the field. I have seen some P2 FLIR setups for sale on the net but nothing on a FLIR P3P setup as of yet.....Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks Zerone! Glad to see its possible on the P3P. I think I will go ahead and get one and integrate it with FLIR a few months down the road after I get a few flights under my belt.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I am definitely in for one of these! I saw a build for sale on Drone Nerds I think where they want $6,999 for the P3A and a camera setup with dual vision utilizing the daylight camera and the FLIR at the same time but I am fine with just the FLIR.

I am definitely in for one of these! I saw a build for sale on Drone Nerds I think where they want $6,999 for the P3A and a camera setup with dual vision utilizing the daylight camera and the FLIR at the same time but I am fine with just the FLIR.
Omg, guys are so rich ....haha

With FLIR cameras you blend the low resolution heatmap over top of the original image. I think the highest resolution FLIR in existence is around 800x600 for heat resolution.

It is amazing how good the FLIR images look given the lack of actual pixels. I have a Seek Thermal ($199) camera 156X206 pixels and it is totally usable on my Android phone for all kinds of stuff. If I were to suggest one make sure you can set focus, it will be much handier. I did some stuff for the military and used some cooled thermal systems that close to the 800X600 with around 240 frames per second, un-f*ing-believable, the lenses were in the 100K range though. I was always used to the bolometer being an export controlled device but I guess that is a thing of the past. So I think I will strap my Seek Thermal/old cell phone on my P3 and let it take a look around.
img_thermal_1442780606858.jpg

Reactions: mirrorimage
I'd be more interested in strapping a Flir One camera + phone to a P3 and seeing how that works first.

The Vue is cool, but pretty expensive.
I just picked up a FLIR One and was thinking the same thing. Something I'll try this weekend for sure.

Surely someone else will be able to do the same thing DroneExperts NL are doing.

I purchased the Seek Thermal camera for android $195 and am looking for a way to mount this and the cellphone needed to run the camera. I did a temp run and i think I had a compass issue as i had a flyoff and crash. Only the props broke. Any idea where a good mounting location for the cell phone would be? I tried centered under the gimbal on a gimbal guard. Tanks

Maybe put the phone in airplane mode and start recording from take off

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I want to use this for search and rescue so I would like live view. Any other thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers